Chapter 9 - Singing

Hayley’s POV:

I was lucky to get out of getting questioned by the guys, as I made up the excuse that I wanted to do my make-up and get semi dressed before Georgia got here to do our vocal warm ups. Throughout the time that I spend doing my make-up all I can think about is Georgia saying she would “totally date her if she was into girls”, and her intoxicating smell. I need to tell her, that I am into her more than she thinks. But what if she was only joking? What if she’s not into me, like I am to her? My train of thought is interrupted by a timid knock at the door.

“Taylor, Jeremy can one of you get that?” I call out to one of the boys. Nobody moves to get to the door, I turn around to see that I am the only person in the room, so I quickly get up to open the door, only to find that Georgia is walking back down the hallway, with her head hanging down.

“Georgia?” I call.

Georgia spins around, flashes me a big smile and begins to walk towards me, “Uh hey, I thought you forgot about me? I knocked but nobody answered. I thought you didn’t want me to sing with you anymore.” Her smile quickly turned into a frown.

“No! I didn’t forget about you, I thought the boys were in the room so I called to them to get the door, but I soon found out that they weren’t in here haha! I still do want you to sing with us!” I responded hoping to put a smile back on her face. “Come in!” I move aside to allow Georgia to get through the door. “Make yourself at home, I’ll only be a minute.” I move speedily into the changing which holds tonight’s stage clothes and change into them. When I come out, I see that Georgia was sitting on the sofa typing away on her phone.

“Who are you texting? If you don’t mind me asking?” Gosh I feel like an overprotective girlfriend. I wish I was her girlfriend.

I clearly make Georgia jump as she flinches after she hears me speaking. I can’t help but giggle at the adorableness.

“I’m just texting Ellie, I’ve just told her that I’m performing with you guys during The Only Exception and she’s not happy with me one bit…” A slight frown threatening to fall on her face.

“Why isn’t she happy with you? Surely she should be happy with you singing with us right?” Anger slightly rising in me.

“Oh no! Don’t get her wrong, she is ecstatic that I am performing with you guys, but she isn’t happy with me, because she’s never heard me sing before.” Georgia lets out with a breathy chuckle.

“Oh right! Shall we get on with these vocal warm ups? I have to be ready to go in an hour.” I wonder why Ellie hasn’t heard Georgia sing before, she’s got a voice like an angel.

“Yeah sure!”

Once we have finished our vocal warm ups, and getting ‘stage ready’ we make our way towards the stage and we meet the guys there, who are ready with their guitars. The stage crew have just finished setting up the stage for us, and come and tell us that they are ready for the guys and I.

I turn to Georgia, “see you in about an hour! Please stand at the side of the stage though, so you can see your first Paramore performance! I’ll come and grab you from the side, whilst the lights are down for The Only Exception okay?” I tell her.

Georgia nods her head, and brings me in for a good luck hug, damn it seems to slap me again, and she smells so good. Then to my surprise, she pulls away and then leans in and gives me a kiss on the cheek! Oh my gosh… My face turns a bright red, “go knock them all out with you beautiful voice!” She tells me.  I nod and start making my way to the back of the stage and stand behind the curtain on top of the stage. I can’t stop thinking about the delightful cheek kiss I just encountered.