Chapter 25 - Missing

Hayley’s POV:

I wake up at around 3:30am, I reach out to cuddle Georgia and pull her close. I open my arms up, and wrap my arms around her and pull her close, but she’s not there. My eyes fly open to see if I can find her within the darkness of our room. No sign of her. I then strain my ears to try and hear if she’s in the bathroom. Nope nothing. I get up from my bed and check to see if she is in the bathroom, then I start looking around the rest of the house. There is still no sign of her. I’m starting to really worry now. I check three times more just to be on the safe side, and hope that we have crossed paths somewhere. Next I decide to ring her, so I go back to our bedroom and walk over to my phone, and just as I am about to ring her, out the corner of my eye, I see her phone laying on her dressing table. I’m starting to feel sick from all of the worry that is going around in my body. Next I run downstairs to see if she may have popped out to the 24 hour shop which is about a 20 minute drive away. Her keys, purse are still there, both of the cars are here, and there is no note.

I decide to go out and see if I can find her, as she is not in, I jump in my car and start driving around to see if I can find her. My eyes are frantically searching for the love of my life, but I still can’t find her.

What if she’s left me?

What if she’s left us all to go and be with her Dad? I know that today is the anniversary that he died.

I’ve been driving now for what seems like such a short time, but its daylight now. I look at the clock in my car and see that its 7am… Just then, I see somebody walking down the road, they look just like her, just like Georgia, they have long wavy brown hair which is pulled into a messy bun! I speed up and pull up beside her, I quickly roll down my window.

“Georgia?” I ask.

The persons head, turns towards me and I soon realise that it’s not her. It’s not Georgia. A pit of sorrow and remorse swallows me whole. I thought I had found her. I snap back to reality as this stranger is staring at me with wide eyes, I presume that they have recognised who I am. In all honesty I don’t have time to explain or to have photos taken with this person. I’m still trying to find Georgia. “I’m really sorry, do you know of my girlfriend Georgia?” I ask this stranger. The stranger nods their head slowly in return.

“Well if you see her, can you tell her that I’m looking for her and that I am really worried about her. Thank you!” I quickly explain before rolling my window back up and drive off, back on my high alert of trying to find her. After another hour, I have pretty much searched everywhere I think she would go, or could have walked to. I am so scared for her. I go back home in the hope that she has come home in the time that I have been out looking for her.

I do a quick search of the house, but there is still no sign of her. I can’t help but break down into tears. I climb into her side of the bed and hysterically cry into her pillow as it smells of my girlfriend. My missing girlfriend. I miss her so much. I wouldn’t mind so much that she was missing, if I knew that she was safe. But because I don’t it just makes this so much worse. I must have been either crying quite loudly or for a long time, because Sarah comes into my room and envelops me into her arms. Rubbing my back and shushing me to soothe me. I can’t calm down. My girlfriend is out there, alone, cold and all alone. After a while, Sarah asks me what is wrong.

“What’s wrong honey? Why are you so upset?”

I carefully explain that her daughter is missing and I’ve looked everywhere for her and that I still can’t find her. Sarah remains surprisingly calm and collected throughout this, despite me telling her that her daughter is missing.

“How can you stay so calm?” I ask, confused.

“When Georgia was younger, she always used to go out late at night for a walk, to clear her head and try to concentrate on all of the good things in life. That’s what she’s probably thinking about. She’s probably thinking about you!” She tells me, reassuring me.

“Why would, she go out and think about me? Surely she would be thinking of you and the boys?” I tell her confused.

“She looks at you like you’re her everything. Like you are her source of air. She loves the bones off of you. Trust me, she wouldn’t move half way across the world for anybody. I remember her telling me that she would never into a different country for anybody, unless she really loved them. That clearly shows that she loves you. She loves you a lot. Anyway, we need to go find her. Come on! We will leave the boys a note just in case they wake up and wonder where we are.” I nod and proceed to go downstairs whilst Sarah gets dressed. Once we are both ready to go, we head out of the door and into my car.

Georgia’s POV:

I’ve been walking aimlessly for what seems like ages. I still have no clue about where I am. I’m so scared. I can’t even contact Hayley and tell her where I am, or that I am okay. Or as okay as can be. I just keep walking and walking. I look up from the floor that I was staring so hard at hoping that it would swallow me whole and take me back to Hayley’s arms, I look up to see a phone box. Hope at last! I run over to the phone box and walk in, digging around in my pocket to see if I have any change that I may have left in there. I do! I have just about enough for one call. I hastily put the coins in and begin to dial Hayley’s number. The dial tone is all I can hear, until it’s interrupted by a ringing sound! Yes! C’mon Hayles pick up! Pick up!

“Hello?” Wait this isn’t Hayley…

“Hello. Is that you Hayley?” I ask, hoping that she has put on one of her voices for any unknown caller she gets.

“Uh no it’s not, its Maine… Who is this?” Maine asks me. I sigh, accepting defeat.

“Uh it’s Georgia…” I reply.

“Oh no worries Georgia! Is there anything I can help with?”

“Uh actually whilst you are here. I’m lost in LA and I don’t know how to get back to my home… I’m still fairly new here. I’ve left my phone at home so I can’t call my girlfriend to come and pick me up.”

“Oh honey! Yeah sure, I’ll help you out! Where are you now? And where are you going to?” My eyes dart about the street that I’m on searching for any type of clue of what street I am on.

“I am on Culver Avenue and I am going to Grinstead Road.”

“Hmm, right, you seem to be quite far away from your destination, but that’s fine, I’ll help you out! I’ll help you get home-“ Silence… What? Damn! The phone call must have run out. For fucks sake. I walk out of the phone box, slamming the door as I go. I pull my hood up over my face and keep my face down as I cry to myself. I keep walking and pray that I can find some familiarity. Still nothing! I do see some shops that are open. I walk into the closest one and hope that I can gain some heat and possibly use their phone.

I walk out of the last shop being declined from my plea for using their phone. They all said the same thing “Our phones can only be used for business only”. Nothing is going my way. I complete regret walking out at the early hours of this morning to clear my head. I give up for today and walk up to a park that is just across the road and find a shady tree. I curl up underneath it and take off my hoodie as I use it as a blanket, and soon the fatigue of not having any sleep overcomes me. My last thought is “I just wanna be whole. And I’m not whole without Hayley.”