Chapter 21 - The Explanation

A/N:

This chapter may seem triggering for some who has lost a loved one.

You may need tissues, depending on how emotional you are.

--

Georgia’s POV:

After an hour of driving, I pull over in a gas station and fill up. I debate whether I should call or text Hayley to tell her that I’m okay. I completely regret letting her come with me, as she is all I need to get through this and all I’ve done is push her away. I feel like a horrible girlfriend. When I walk into the gas station, I ask the server where the nearest motel is. She explains that it is only 3 miles down the road, and so I thank her and decide to head there as it is now getting pretty dark out.

When I arrive at the motel, I get a room and pay for it. I decide to text Hayley.

G – Hey babe, I’m super sorry about earlier, but don’t worry about me, I’m okay and I’m staying in a motel. I will be home either tomorrow or the day after. I love you!

I put my phone down on the side and go back out to my car to get my suitcase, I bring it back into my room and start unpacking it, just to repack it again neatly. Once I have done this, I check my phone to see if Hayley has replied. Only to see that she hasn’t. Normally she replies in an instant and it’s been an hour and a half since I text her. I don’t have much time to dwell on why she hasn’t text back because the silence within the room is interrupted by a knock at the door. I think about whether I answer it, when they knock again, I get up and walk over to the door, and just as I open it, the door slams open and a small figure leaps into my arms, I start to panic, until I realise who it is. My adorable girlfriend.

As soon as I realise I instantly hug back and breath in the familiar and comforting scent that she brings with herself. I take all of her weight as she jumps and wraps her legs around my waist and nestles her head into my neck. I then stand on one foot as I kick the door shut with my other foot. I then burrow my head into Hayley’s neck and we stand there for what seems such a short while, taking in each other’s presence.

“Baby, please forgive me, please take me back. I am nothing with--“ I’m silenced by Hayley’s lips.

 “We never broke up babe, so I don’t need to take you back. I already have you.”

“But I left you, I just left you” tears now pricking my eyes. “I j-just left y-you.”

“Shhh, it’s fine baby, I promise, you are going through a shit time, and I’m not here to pester it out of you, I’m here to be here for you, to comfort you, to be your shoulder to cry on. But most of all, I’m here because I love you!”

Hayley’s POV:

“Shhh, it’s fine baby, I promise, you are going through a shit time, and I’m not here to pester it out of you, I’m here to be here for you, to comfort you, to be your shoulder to cry on. But most of all, I’m here because I love you!” I say trying to comfort her. I get down from being in her arms and I pull her over to the bed and we sit down on it, Georgia instantly comes over and snuggles back into me. Whatever this is, it must have really torn her up. I’ve never seen her like it before, and it scares me. I was tempted to ring her mum when she left and ask for some answers but I didn’t because it’s early morning over there and I didn’t want to panic her.

“I left you.” I hear Georgia say.

“It doesn’t matter babe, I promise you that now.”

“I don’t understand, I left you. I left you without any explanation, and yet you are here. I don’t deserve you.”