Chapter 26 - Found

Hayley’s POV:

It’s now been three days since Georgia went missing. There has been no sightings of her, every day we all go out and look for her. As the days, hours, minutes and seconds go by I feel emptier than what I did before. I’m starting to lose hope. I’d rather know if she’s died than leave it unknown, because then I can try my best to go back and carry on with Paramore. But I don’t think I could, because I met her through Paramore. I don’t think I could ever go back to Wembley Arena, I don’t think I could go back to how I was. I don’t think I can do anything anymore. I feel like a black hole is starting within me, and it’s starting with my heart, it’s slowly ripping away my heart, what was my whole heart.

When I have been indoors, all I have done is mope around, I can’t find the energy to do anything, but mope. I haven’t eaten since she’s gone, all I’ve done is cry, sleep or play on my piano. I keep playing We Are Broken, over and over again. Sarah, Scott and Jake have all extended their stay here. They now have an open ticket to go back to the UK, they were supposed to go back today, but they all decided to stay and help look for Georgia and to support me, because Sarah knows that the minute they leave, I will probably give up all hope in finding her.

I have called Jeremy and Taylor to see if they could help with the search for Georgia, and we all have our own sections within the neighbourhood to see if we can find her, but obviously there is still no sign. I remember back to the time where Georgia walked out on me. I felt awful, but those feelings are nothing but minuscule to the feelings I’m feeling now.

The shrill of my phone snaps me out of my thoughts, I glance over at it, and see that it’s an unknown number, I can’t be dealing with unknown numbers, I then think, what if it’s Georgia? What if she’s calling me from a random person’s phone? I scramble to get to my phone from the seat of my piano to get to the bed side table which has my phone ringing on it. As I get there, the line goes dead. I unlock my phone and ring the number back.

“Hello? Los Angeles Hospital. This is Barbra talking. How can I help?” Why is a hospital ringing me?

“Uh, yeah hi, I’ve just got a phone call from this number, and I just missed it, I’m just wondering why you were ringing me…” I ask, very confused as to why the hospital is ringing me.

“Oh hi, please can I have your name?” Barbra asks me.

“Hayley Williams.”

“Right, Ms Williams, yes we did ring you, and there is a very important reason for that! I’m just going to pass you through to the relevant department, so they can explain everything to you. Don’t worry though, it’s nothing to worry about! It’s actually quite good news.” She reassures me. I don’t really want to know this ‘good news’ unless it’s about Georgia.

“Okay, thank you!” I say politely as I wait to be put through to the correct department. I don’t wait for long before this time a males voice takes over the silence.

“Ms. Williams are you still there?”

“Yes I am, please call me Hayley.” I say, still uninterested about what they are ringing me about.

“Hello, yes, my name is Mark. I’m ringing you regarding Miss Smith?” My attention now being snapped back to the conversation and it’s now being held captive as I listen.

“Oh right, okay, what has this got to do with Georgia?” I ask, still confused.

“Well at around 10am on Thursday 14th April, Georgia was rushed into the ER room, she was found in Hangley Park by a dog walker, she was slumped under a tree. We don’t know what has happened or why she was there. We would have called you earlier if we had known her identity, but seeing as she wasn’t carrying anything on her, we had to wait until she woke up. She has been in and out of consciousness, but whenever she has been awake, we have tried to ask her, but she fell back out of conscious. She has very bad pneumonia. But luckily she was caught in time for us to treat it.” I let go a huge sigh of relief as I begin to cry, she’s safe. Unwell but safe. My eyes are wide with shock. They have Georgia.