Chapter 28 - The Small Argument

Georgia’s POV:

I have now been home for a couple of weeks, Mum and the boys have gone back home, but Mum is insisting that I ring her every night, just so she can check up. Hayley has been taking me everywhere with her, talk about keeping a close eye on me. Just the other day, she panicked because I went to the toilet and she was downstairs trying to talk to me from the kitchen, but didn’t think about calling my name! I love her to piec

es and everything and I get that she is scared about me disappearing again, but I’m not stupid enough to leave the house again without my phone or anyway of contacting her.

“Babe, c’mon let’s get ready to go to the studio. I’ve got a big meeting I can’t miss either!” Hayley says snapping me out of my little rant in my head. I roll my eyes and get up. I would say for her to go alone, but I know that won’t be happening! I make a mental note in my head for us to talk about it tonight. I need to tell her that I need my space.

--

When we get home, I put dinner on instantly seeing as it is now nearing on for 6:30pm as Hayley’s meeting over ran. They were talking about a possible tour with Fall Out Boy. I bet Hayley will want me to come on tour with her then too!

Once I finish cooking dinner, I call out to Hayley to tell her that it’s ready. I quickly set up the table and place our dinner down which is spaghetti with white wine sauce with mushrooms. Hayley walks in, and sits down opposite me.

“Mmm, it looks good!” She tells me with a smile.

“It does indeed!” I say, taking her hand in mine as we both lean over and share a sweet kiss before we start.

We are about half way through the meal, when Hayley tells me that we have to go to the studio again tomorrow.

“Babe, why don’t you go to the studio tomorrow, I have quite a bit of cleaning to catch up on here and I want to talk to Ellie and all my friends back home!” I say, trying to persuade her. I know it’s not going to be easy either

“But…”

“But, nothing Hayley, I have stuff to do here and you have things to do at the studio! I am going to stay in all day, and if for whatever reason I do need to go out, I’ll be sure to text you and leave you a message and I’ll take my phone with me.” I’m trying so hard to keep calm.

“No, we can do the cleaning together and you can chat to everybody at the studio.” Hayley tells me blankly.

“Are you kidding me Hayley? I am not a child! I am 19 for goodness sake! I know how to take care of myself. What’s going to happen when you go on a 3 month tour with Fall Out Boy? Eh? Please don’t tell me you were planning on taking me with you, because if it’s for the reason I think it is, I am not going! You hear me? I will not go, if you are only taking me so you can keep an eye on me.” I say completely losing my cool. I stand up from the table and I walk past the front door to get to the stairs, using all of my energy not to walk out and go for a walk, because I know that doing that will put us back to square one.

“Babe…” I hear Hayley should from not far behind me. She must be following me. I go straight to the music room and pick up my acoustic guitar and I start playing. Trying to get all of the anger out of me, I begin to play Grow Up without realising it. She just stands in the doorway waiting for me to finish playing, as I get to the chorus, I start to sing.

“Some of us have to grow up sometimes

And so, if I have to I'm gonna leave you behind”

“Look babe, please let me explain myself” I ignore her and carry on playing. This time she sings the rest of the song. When we have finished. I don’t look at her as I put my guitar down and I move past her and go straight into our bathroom, I close the door behind me and strip off and get in the shower. I’m hoping that if I have a shower, it will allow me to calm down and for Hayley to think about it.