Chapter 34 - Going Wrong

Georgia’s POV:

I’ve just got home in the UK, I haven’t explained anything to Mum just yet as it’s too painful, I know that if I start talking about it I will burst into tears and I know that I probably won’t be able to stop. I completely regret leaving her. I keep thinking I see her everywhere I go. I saw her in the flight attendant, I saw her at the baggage hall, and I saw her in my Mum when she picked me up from the airport. I can’t stop thinking about her painful sobs that I heard when I left and pulled out of the driveway. Every time I open my purse it is filled with pictures of us and my heart shatters into millions of pieces.

I nearly didn’t get on the plane in LA, I wanted to turn around and go and comfort my now broken hearted girlfriend. But I need a break, I do need a break from us. I keep thinking that I have made a mistake about leaving her, I shouldn’t have gone back to the UK, I should have stayed in LA but stayed round one of our friends’ houses.

My phone buzzes on the side of my bedside table, I see Hayley’s name flash up on the screen, I see her name going all down the screen of my phone, she’s been trying to get in contact with me, but I haven’t looked at any of the messages yet as I was in a public area. I suppose I should look at them now.

*Babe, come back please!xxxxxxx*

*I love you so much, please don’t go to England, we can sort this out.xxxxxxx*

*Just please, come back. I miss you.xxxxxxx*

*I’m guessing that you are either on the plane now, or you’re ignoring me.xxxxxxx*

*Please just know this one thing, I love you more than anything.xxxxxxx*

*Baby, I love you. I know we are going through this rough patch, but please allow us to work it out, I’m not asking you to come home, just please let me know that you are safe. But if you don’t want to work this out, please just tell me, because I can’t be kept hanging, if you don’t want to work this out, I’ll understand, or at least I’ll try to, I promise. I’ll do whatever you want me to do. I don’t think I can do anything without you. I’ll listen to whatever you need to say. I won’t interrupt you. I’ll do my best to make everything better. I just need you. I love you so much Georgia Smith, please don’t leave me. Hayley Williams xxxxxxxx*

The last message, breaks me down, and I uncontrollably sob into my pillow, that what is usually Hayley’s side when we stay here. Soon, Mum comes running in and pulls me into a hug whilst I cry into her shoulder. Somehow Mum calms me down quickly, I don’t know how she manages to do it, but she always stops me from crying quickly.

“Hun, you’ve got to tell me what’s happened? You can’t expect me to get a text from you saying that you are at the airport alone and that you need a lift home, and not ask any questions about why. Did Hayley break up with you? Have you guys had an argument?”

“N-no, we haven’t b-b-broken up, but we are on a b-b-break. We have b-been having so many a-arguments lately, and I couldn’t cope, so t-t-that’s why I came back.”

“Oh honey. Do you love her?”

I nod my head not saying anything.

“Well I think you need to tell her that, you need to show her. I know that you do too. You wouldn’t have moved to America for anybody! But I do suggest that you stay here for a couple of weeks. Just to clear your head.” Mum says to me, comforting me. She always knows what to say. I just nod my head in response knowing that she is right.

“Thank you.” I say to her, kissing her on the cheek and climbing into bed as it is 10pm and because I am tired. Mum kisses me on the head and leaves the room as I fall into a peaceful sleep.