Chapter 36 - The Box

Georgia’s POV:

I walk into Jeremy and Kat’s house which is about a 10 minute drive away from Hayley’s house. I immediately go over to Jeremy who is sitting on the chair with Bliss in his arms. They look so cute together. He is trying to teach Bliss to stick her tongue out and when she does we all chuckle. Jeremy then sees that I am here and he gets up to give me a hug, we end up giving each other an awkward side hug as he still has Bliss in his arms.

“Hey, it’s so good to see you!” He tells me. I smile weakly back at him, knowing that the past month has been hell for him, Kat and Taylor.

“Yeah, I’m really sorry about the past month.”

“It’s fine. You’re back now. I’m assuming Hayley knows you’re here too?” Jeremy asks me, I attempt to hide my face, because as far as she knows I am still in the UK.

“Uh not quite… I came over to see her, but I can’t quite face her yet, I don’t know what her reaction will be.” I explain.

“I’m sure she will be fine, I can come with you to her house if you want? I’ll follow behind you?” Kat asks me reassuringly.

“Uh, yes please! It would mean a lot.”

Before Kat and I go, we have a quick cup of tea, as this is Kat’s answer to everything, very British of her. I think the same way! Can’t beat a cup of tea to calm nerves. Once we have both finished our cups of tea, we kiss Bliss goodbye and off we go to Hayley’s.

When I pull up outside her house, an unknown car is sitting in the driveway. She’s already replaced you Georgia. Go back home. She doesn’t need you no more. My subconscious sneers at me. I can’t help but think that it’s right. So I go to turn my engine back on, when Kat is standing at my window. I hear her from the outside of my car.

“Don’t even bother trying to do that. I’ll drag you out of that moving car. I mean it too.” I know she means it, so I don’t bother and I just sit there, looking at this unfamiliar car in the driveway. “Georgia, come on. I’m here and I’m sure Hayley will be ecstatic that you’re here too.” I can’t prize my eyes off of this car. “Georgia, seriously, come on, I know the car. It’s nothing to worry about. I promise.” Kat’s voice full of sincerity. I believe her and start to climb out of the car. I let out a big breath, as we walk up to the door, Kat following closely behind me. Once we get to the door, I can’t even bring myself to knock on the door. I have my keys in my bag, but I don’t want to just let myself in after what’s happened. Kat glances at me and sees that I’m scared to knock. So instead she knocks for me as I hide behind her. A couple of minutes later, I can hear shuffling behind the door, and slowly it opens. Oh shit.

“Hey Kat.” Hayley says coolly, not even sounding like she’s upset. I told you she doesn’t want you no more.

“Hey, you okay Hayles?” Kat asks her, meanwhile I am still hiding behind her. I’m surprised she hasn’t seen me yet.

“Yeah, I’m okay I suppose. Well I am better now. I’m sorry I have been so distant. I couldn’t help myself.” Hayley replies, my heart shattering to pieces again, she must have found somebody new.

Hayley’s POV:

“Yeah, I’m okay I suppose. Well I am better now. I’m sorry I have been so distant. I couldn’t help myself.” I lie, truthfully I am still in pain, I still feel like my heart is on the floor somewhere and I can’t find all of the pieces. I still feel lost. That’s when Kat moves aside and that’s when all of my breath is knocked from me, just like the first time I met her. Georgia’s back. I just stand there, not knowing what to do. She doesn’t even look at me, she keeps her eyes trained onto the floor, just like the first time I met her. I look at Kat and she shrugs her shoulders, obviously not knowing why she is acting like that. That’s when I see a tear fall from her eye and fall straight to the floor.

“Babe?” I say to her, and when I say that her tear filled deep blue eyes look up and look at me. She just looks at me with pain covered all over her. This must have affected her much more than I thought it did. I don’t even hesitate to open my arms wide and with my fingers I curl them towards me, indicating for her to come into my arms. She looks at me confused, and still stands there, I do it again and this time she slowly comes over to me and I fold my arms around her as I breathe in her sweet smell that I have missed so much.

I can’t believe she came back. I can’t believe that she is here. She’s finally in my arms. I feel her crying on my shoulder, which is now wet from her tears. I rub her back trying to comfort her.

“I-I-I’m so so sorry Hayley.” She sobs into my shoulder. I am about to reply when she vacates my arms and I can tell that she has just suddenly closed herself off again. I have only ever seen her like this once before, and that’s when she walked out on me for the first time, she closed herself off from me, so that she didn’t hurt, so she didn’t have to relive what happened. She’s too afraid to get hurt, I’m too afraid to get hurt. Kat looks between the two of us and she looks at me, I give her a nod of clarification.

“Come on Georgia, let’s go inside.” Kat says to her softly. Georgia looks up at Kat, then she looks at me. She shakes her head. I know what she is thinking, she’s thinking that I will not take her back, whereas she is totally wrong, I will take her back, I love her too much to let her go to easily.

“Babe, come on let’s go inside. It’s cold out here.” I say walking over to her and wrapping my arm around her shoulder, she briefly jumps at my touch, but softens into me as we walk in. We walk into the lounge, and I stop in my tracks, completely forgetting that my Mom came over to surprise me, as Kat and Jeremy told her that I wasn’t communicating with them and they were worried about me. As we walk in Mom looks up at me and gives me an understanding nod, as she leaves the room and goes into the kitchen. Georgia and I walk over to the sofa and I sit her down. I quickly run to the kitchen and grab two glasses of water and tell my mum to go to Jeremy and Kat’s whilst I talk to Georgia and sort this out. I then set the two glasses of water down on the side before sprinting upstairs and go into our bedroom and grab the velvet box that I took to the UK. I take one look at it and shove it in my pocket, and I go back downstairs and grab the glasses of water, to walk into the lounge to see Georgia still perched on the sofa, staring into space. I put the water down on the drinks table and sit next to Georgia.

“Hey?”

She just looks up at me blankly and I can tell she is fighting the urge to cry and open up her barriers again. I know that I am going to have to work on them again. I don’t say anything more, I cup my hands around her face and I lean in, to give her a short, sweet and passionate kiss. When I pull away and open my eyes, I see blue ones staring back at me, filled with confusion.

“I still love you. We can still work this out, if that’s what you want?” I tell her. That’s when she breaks down into tears again, this time starting me off as well. After crying together for around 20 minutes, I break the silence.

“So what do you say? Do you want to work this out too?” I look at her, waiting for her response. She nods her head, and I let go a big breath that I didn’t realise I was holding. I smile my big wide grin and she does the same. The first smile I see from her since our break up/break. We then share a long passionate kiss. I’ve missed those lips so much. When we pull away from each other, I proceed to leave feather light kisses all over face, neck and jawline. That’s when I remember the box that is in my pocket.

I take it out, and climb off the sofa and down onto one knee on the floor, I look up at her and she is looking at me confused. I bring the velvet box into her view and I flip it open.

“Georgia Smith, will you take the honour of marrying me?” I say nervously, as I await her response. I close my eyes and bare myself for the worst.

A/N:

So Hayley has proposed! YAAAY! But what will Georgia's response be?

Geoley proposal!

Please vote, comment or message me.

Georgia x