Chapter 41 - We Have An Emergency

Georgia’s POV:

It has been a week since we have decided no contact between each other. I didn’t think it would be this hard, but oh my, I have found it so hard to keep my hands off of her. The other day, she was being her sweet usual self, I had a hard day out trying to sort things out for the wedding, so when I got home she had run me a bath, with all of my favourite things, bubbles and sweet smelling things. I went over to her and nearly kissed her, but I stopped and just said thank you. I’m not sure how much longer I could keep this up for.

*2 hours later*

I am sitting in the TV room watching Jurassic Park when I hear a big crash and bang coming from the bedroom. I wonder what Hayley is doing up there.

“Babe?” I call out to her.

No response.

“Babe? Are you okay up there?” I call out to her again, but louder.

No response.

“HAYLEY? Are you okay?” I’m starting to get worried now. I start to climb the stairs and head towards our bedroom.

“What on Eart—OH MY GOD, HAYLEY!” I rush over to her unconscious body on the floor, I cradle her in my arms, and I begin to start crying. There is warm blood pouring from the back of her head. I immediately put pressure on her head with the duvet of the bed.

“Baby, wake up please. Please” I say while reaching over to Hayley’s phone which is on the side. I quickly put in her code to get into her phone and I shakily ring 911.

“Hi, what emergency service would you like?” A calm voice filled my ears.

“Hello? Can I have an ambulance please?”

“Yes sure, where to?”

“Uh, can I have it to 82 Grinstead Road please?” I say shakily into the phone.

“Yes no problem, what is the emergency?”

“My girlfriend has seemed to have fallen over, she has blood gushing out of her head. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what happened.” I say, barely holding my voice together.

“Okay, make sure you keep pressure on her head, and keep her head above the rest of her body, maybe put her head in your lap, try to clear the space around her, if there is anything around her. She may have a fit, but do not restrict her, allow her to have the fit, it will be better for the outcome. As for you try and keep calm! That is the most important thing for you to do as well as keeping pressure on the wound.” She says to me in a calm manner. Although I am finding it hard to keep calm. “The ambulance is on its way! It will be around 5 minutes.”

“Okay thank you!” I tell her and when I hang up the call, I can’t help but burst into tears. I uncontrollably cry until I hear a loud knock at our front door. I have been told to keep pressure on her head but I won’t be able to do that if I go answer the door. I quickly figure out that if I want Hayley safe I have to leave her for two minutes. I climb out from underneath her head and prop it up with the remainder of the duvet and I sprint downstairs to open the front door to the paramedics, I tell them to hurry up as I run back up the stairs and back into the bedroom to reapply the pressure onto Hayley’s head. I lean down and kiss her on her head, completely forgetting about our deal and not really caring about it.

After cleaning up her head, and wrapping it in a bandage they quickly load her onto an ambulance, before we leave I quickly grab my phone and jump into the back of the ambulance, as we embark on the journey to the hospital. I hold Hayley’s hand so tight, as I rest my head between her neck and shoulder, whispering to myself over and over again.

“You’re going to be okay. Please be okay. I can’t lose you. I love you.”

We arrive at the hospital after what seems like an hour’s journey, but it turns out for it to be only a 10 minute drive. Before I can even contemplate what is happening, they whisk her away into theatre, leaving me confused and very angry about them taking her away from me.

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU TAKING HER? CAN’T I GO WITH HER PLEASE?” I pretty much yell in a doctors face, whilst he remains standing there calm.

“Miss Smith, I am Dr White please just take a seat, they are taking her into theatre so they can sew up the very large wound on the back of her head. She shouldn’t be too long, 30 minutes maximum. Once she has come out, then you can be with her again. We will also assess her injuries and we can go from there.” He explains to me still calmly. I feel a pang of guilt rise in my chest.

“O-o-oh okay, I-I-I’m sorry I sh-shouted at you.” I say, unable to control the sobs coming from within me, starting to go into a frame of panic. Dr White takes me into a small room, and sits me down, and tries to calm me down. After ten minutes of soothing me, I eventually go into a sense of numbness. I just feel numb at what has happened.

“Right I am going to go and check on how Hayley is getting on, I’ll be back in five minutes. I suggest you take this time to ring any members of family, or close friends to see if they can come up and support you.” Dr White tells me, he gives me a small smile and heads out of the door.

First I ring Christie.

“Hi Georgia, is everything okay? How’s the wedding planning going then?”

“Uh Christie, you should get over to LA hospital ASAP.”

“Why what has happened?”

“Hayley has hit her head quite hard, and she is currently unconscious, she’s in theatre right now, having the wound attended to.” I quickly explain myself. Feeling horrible because I have to deliver this information over the phone.

“Oh gosh, hun keep calm and I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

“Okay, I’ll see you soon”

I hang up the phone and then I go onto ringing Jeremy and Taylor, explaining to them both what has happened. I nearly break down on the phone when Kat picks up. She instantly knew that something was wrong, once I had explained everything. They all said they would be here in 15 minutes maximum.

15 minutes later, Jeremy and Kat come running into the waiting room I was in, which was located next to what will be Hayley’s recovery room. Kat comes straight over to me and pulls me in for one of her hugs as I uncontrollably sob into her shoulder. She rubs my back and tells me that everything will be okay, as Hayley is a fighter. If only I could believe that everything will be okay. Not much later Taylor comes jogging into the waiting room, and we all sit down, holed up in our own thoughts, waiting for the news that Hayley is out of theatre so we can all go sit in there.

A further 5 minutes later, Dr White walks in and he tells us that Hayley is in the room now and we can go see her. We all rush to get through the door and into her room. She lays in her bed looking peaceful, as I walk around to the far side of her, I see that she has a slight bald patch in her hair, where the doctors have had to shave it so they can sew up the wound.

“You’ll be pleased to know that the operation went well.” Dr White starts, I can tell that this won’t end well. Kat comes over to me and holds my hand in hers, I almost instantly lock my other hand with Hayley’s, attempting to prepare myself for the diagnosis of what has happened to my fiancé. But what I am about to hear next, I just simply couldn’t prepare myself for it.

“But because Hayley had quite a hard impact to the head, we have had to induce her into a coma. It doesn’t look like she will wake up in the next few days either, it could be up to a couple of weeks. But nonetheless, her vitals are good, and she is in a stable condition.”

I feel all of the air knocked out of me. My fiancé is in a coma, and I can’t do anything about it. I can’t help her. I begin to put the blame on myself. What if I was there to help her? What if I could have somehow prevented this? She wouldn’t be here if I had.

A/N:

So Hayley is in a coma!!!

Enjoy chapter 41!

Please vote and comment!

Thanks Georgia x