Chapter 7 - Lunch and More Discovery

Hayley’s POV:

I’m sitting in Georgia’s car, watching her pay attention to the road which I am very grateful for! I’m watching her eyes dart around. We pull up at a set of traffic lights, Georgia leans back in her chair, takes her right hand off of the steering wheel, and runs it through her gorgeous brown hair. I watch her in complete awe. The lights go green and she puts her hand back on the steering wheel, and looks left and right to check that there are no oncoming cars that could potentially crash into us, when her blue eyes catch mine, she smiles slightly, but her eyes are too quickly ripped away and focused back on the road. I reluctantly move my eyes from her and focus on the road ahead, wondering when we will get to the café, because soon my insides will probably eat themselves out of hunger.

“Georgia, how far away from the café are we?” I ask, glancing back at her.

Georgia turns her head slightly to look at me before moving it back to the road. “We literally two minutes away, just got to go round this corner and we are there!”

I nod, food erupting my mind, thinking about what I will have to eat. The car slows down and comes to a stop, and we both climb out of the car, and towards the café that Georgia was talking about. Georgia holds the door open for me and gestures for me to go in first, but instead I decline and tell her to go in first, she giggles and proceeds to go through the open door, but still holding it open for me. We sit in the booth that’s in the corner as we wanted to have a peaceful and nice lunch together.

“Hayley, what would you like to eat and drink?” Georgia asks me.

“Um” I reply as I’m studying the menu that is in front of me. “Can I have a cappuccino? And I’ll have the vegetable wrap please?” I start to bring out £30 to give to Georgia, so that she can pay with that.

“No, let me get this please? I want to be able to do something for you as you have done so much for me.” Georgia declines my offer of payment. I am completely dumb founded by this girl, what have I done for her? I have never met this girl before in my life apart from today. I reluctantly agree, knowing that I’m losing the battle. But I will win this war!

I watch Georgia walk over to the short queue that is in front of the cash register, and I can’t help but smile at her, she orders, pays, and grabs my coffee and her bottle of water before walking back over to me. She sits down opposite me, I thank her for the lunch and look up and smile, only for my smile to fall, as Georgia has got a slight frown on her face, but she is attempting to cover it up with a smile.

“What’s wrong?” I question, I feel worried, but I want to know what is wrong and I will get her to tell me before we leave this café.

“Uh nothing, I’m fine, it’s nothing for you to worry about anyway!”

“I think you’ll find that I am worrying, you are not fine and what is wrong with you, does matter to me, so please don’t say that you are fine.” Worry is now thick in my voice.

“Okay, this is not normally my sort of thing I do, but when I said that I wanted to do this for you, because you have done so much for me, you looked confused? And I know that you are probably thinking, I’ve never met this girl before so why have I made such an impact on her?” Bingo, she seems to read me like her favourite childhood book.

“But even though I’ve been a fan for just over a year, but at the beginning of listening to your music I never thought that three people named, Jeremy Davis, Taylor York, and Hayley Williams, would mean so much to me and that they would help me get through anything.” She carries on, I think it will be best for me not to interrupt her.

“But you guys have helped me through so much. Such as—“ We are interrupted by the waiter coming over with two vegetable wraps, he sets one down in front of Georgia, then one in front of me. The waiter then lays a hand on Georgia’s shoulder, winks at her, then hands her a small piece of paper that is folded in half. I feel anger build up inside of me, not only because the waiter here is flirting with her, but because he interrupted her whilst she was talking to me. The waiter walks away, and I follow him with my eyes, giving death glares, until I’m brought back to the conversation I was having with Georgia. I look at her to see that she is reading the piece of paper.