Chapter 42 - Erica Knows Best

Georgia’s POV:

We all sit around Hayley’s bed, hoping and praying that she will wake up soon. But it doesn’t look likely. Even though the Dr White said it could be up to a couple of weeks, I don’t feel as hopeful as I should. Since we were told the news, we have all cried together and I have stayed silent, until a doctor walks in to check up on Hayley, only then have I spoken to see how she is. Jeremy, Kat and Taylor have been making small conversation going between them, trying to include me, but it’s the last thing I want to do. I don’t want to talk to anybody apart from Hayley. I spoke briefly to Christie earlier and I told her Hayley’s room number. She also told me that Erica and Mckayla will be coming out to see her. I told them that they are more than welcome to stay at our house, whilst we are at the hospital, so they didn’t have to pay out for a hotel.

*1 day later*

I don’t plan on leaving Hayley’s room unless I really have to, such as going to the toilet. I don’t want to miss anything. It’s edging on to the end of visiting time, and Dr White has said that two people can stay over, with Hayley, so we can be here if there are any changes in her situation. It’s an unspoken definite that I will be staying here every night. Taylor, Jeremy, Kat, Christie, Erica and Mckayla will take turns in who will be staying here with me. Tonight it will be Erica, I’m glad it will be her, because all of the other adults will probably ask me loads of questions and Mckayla will probably, stay quiet all night. Erica, will hopefully keep some kind of small conversation going.

Everybody leaves at 10pm, and the doctor comes in to do a last check up on Hayley for the night. Just like last time, everything is okay, still no signs of waking up as of yet. I sigh and rest my head in my hands. I am beginning to lose hope, and she has only been in here for a little over a day.

“Georgia?” I look up at Erica. “She will be okay. I can just tell.”

“How can you tell? She’s in a coma.” I try my all-time hardest to stop tears from falling.

“Hayley loves you too much to leave now. I mean, she has too much that she would miss out on if she was to die. Your wedding, having a family with you, creating more music with Paramore and growing old with you!” Hayley and I have never spoken about having children, we would either have to foster, adopt or do IVF. I have known since the beginning of our relationship that Hayley was the one I wanted to have children with, she IS the one I will have children with.

“Just don’t lose hope just yet. Not just for Hayley, but mostly for your own sake, she would hate to see you the way you are now.”

“Erica, you are so wise! How do you always know what to say?” I ask her confused.

“I got it off of the best!” Erica replies, pointing at Hayley.

She’s right, Hayley always seems to know what to say at every situation. She’s like a book full of comebacks or cheering up words. This is when I decide that I want Erica to stay here every night. We have only been alone for 30 minutes and she has already made me feel a thousand times better than what I did when everybody else was here.

“Thank you! You certainly do get it off of Hayley. She would probably be telling me to get my act together if she was awake right now.” I chuckle.

“Either that or she would be kicking your ass!” Erica laughs back at me.

We have a light conversation about Hayley, we talk about some of her most embarrassing childhood moments. We also talk about how Hayley always checks up on them every day so see how they are doing. At around midnight we decide to try and get some sleep, so we can be awake before everybody else gets here. Seeing as there is only one extra bed in here, I let Erica use it, and I will sleep in the chair. We both snuggle in and say our goodnights.

“Goodnight Georgia!”

Night Erica…. Hey um Erica? Do you fancy staying here every night with me?” I ask her.

“Yeah of course I would!”

“Thanks, it means a lot!”

“Don’t mention it!”

“Anyway night.”

“Night.”

I sit there for a little while, trying to get to sleep, but failing miserably. I contemplate climbing in with Erica, but that would be slightly weird. So I sit there for a little longer, and then remember that I could get in with Hayley. So that is what I do. I climb in with Hayley, and snuggle under the covers and into the crook of her neck, taking in the smell of her. Before I fall asleep I lean up and place a tender kiss on her lips, knowing I won’t get a return from them. I sigh and cuddle up close to her, resting my head on her chest as I fall asleep quickly, feeling her comforting heartbeat in my ear, and also feeling her chest rise and fall.

A/N:

So Chapter 42! Sorry it's such a short chapter.

Please vote and comment!

Thanks Georgia x