56 - packing

"Olly, come on. You can't bring your speedos. There's gonna be paparazzi. Imagine if they see you!"

He chuckled, chucking them into his suitcase.

I promised Olly that he can pack his own suitcase in the way he wanted it, with any clothes that he wanted.

My suitcase was perfectly packed, with 3 lines of piles, while Olly's was screwed up, hardly fitting much in the suitcase.

It was hard not to empty his suitcase and pack it again but I promised him.

"I can't look anymore. I'm gonna go help Josh pack." I said, walking into Josh's room, finding his playing with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy.

His suitcase was like Olly's - everything was just thrown into the bag. Not even stuff for America. Just basically random stuff throw into it.

"Joshy, do you wanna help mummy pack?" He shook his head, still playing with his toy.

I unpacked everything that he had thrown into it and started packing again. Olly came into the room and gasped.

"I knew you'd be doing this! What did I say about letting people do their own thing!" He said, stomping his foot.

"But this is for our 4 year old son!" I replied, standing up and copying his actions.

Olly looked down to Josh as did I, and it looked like he was about to start crying.

"What's up baby?" I asked, picking him up. He grabbed his toy as I did.

"Mummy and Daddy are fighting." He pouted. I kissed his cheek and shook my head.

"No, baby. Mummy and Daddy are just playing. We love each other very much."
He smiled and jumped in my arms. I put him down and started packing again. Olly sat down next to me, kissing my cheek and helping me pack Josh's stuff.

"I love you, beautiful." He whispered in my ear, holding onto my hand.

"I love you, too." I said, kissing his nose.

"Alright, Joshy, what do you say me and you go down to the park while we let Mummy pack?"

"Does that mean I can re-pack your stuff?!" I squealed.

"Yes." He grumbled, getting Josh's coat, hat and gloves.

"Yay! I love you I love you I love you!" I squealed again, running into our bedroom. "Have a nice time!" I said, emptying his suitcase all over our bed.

"Bye Mummy!" Josh shouted, running into the bedroom. I gave him a quick hug and he left. Olly blew me a kiss and shortly after I heard the door slam.

I started on Olly's packing, swapping some of the clothes he had packed. Honestly, had he never been to America? Why is he gonna need fluffy jumpers? And a dressing gown? Is he okay?

An hour and a half later, I had finally finished all the packing. My suitcase was packed, Olly's suitcase was packed, and Josh's suitcase was packed. I zipped them up, locking them to make sure that they wouldn't get ruined. I laid out Olly's clothes that he would be wearing on the flight, as well as mine and Josh's.

We only had two hours until we had to leave, and they weren't back yet.

I decided to run a hot bubble bath and have a relaxing soak.

"Babe?" I heard through the door half an hour after I had got in, "you okay in there?"

"Yeah," I replied, "just having a bath."

"Damn. Wish I got back sooner." He said, sighing.

I laughed, getting out of the bath. I wrapped a towel around me, drying myself off and walking into the bedroom, finding Olly lying on the bed, on his phone.

I got myself changed, with Olly's eyes on my the whole time.