1 - meeting

I was 16 and he was 20 when we first started dating. Many people frowned upon it, but we ignored them. 'Age is just a number.' We repeatedly told them.

I met him when I was working my late shift at the restaurant. My parents owned in and so I got a job there, to get some extra money. Even though my parents owned the place, I was on minimum wage.

"Pops, can you take table 4's order?" I nodded to my father, grabbing my pad and pen and making my way over there. I kept my head down, focused on my pad.

"Hello my name is Poppy, I will be your waitress this evening, what can I get you for drinks?"

The man coughed which caused me to look at him. He had beautiful greeny-blue eyes, with brown hair, messy scrawled across his head. His smile was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The other person on the table coughed, which made me realise that I was just staring at this man who I just met.

"S-sorry," I said, feeling a little embarrassed, "what can I get you for drinks?"

"I'll have a white wine. What about you, babe?" The blonde girl sitting across from the man said.

"I'll have a beer." I smiled and wrote them down.

"I'll just get them for you, I'll leave you a bit longer to decide what you want for your meals." They both nodded and I wandered off to the bar.

"White wine and a beer, please." I said to Jake, the barman. He nodded and saluted me. Jake was 21, he was like my big brother. He was such fun to be around, I was always crying with laughter around him.

"Pops!" I heard Jake shout. "here ya go. Stop daydreaming about that, rather attractive, man." I rolled my eyes and took the drinks.

I made my way over to table 4. "Here you go, one white wine and a beer." I handed them their drinks and got my pad out again. "Can I get you your meals or would you like some more time?" I looked to the man, who's eyes were directly on me. He suddenly jumped and grabbed his leg.

"Ow, what was that for, Ivy?" He said, rubbing his leg.

"You do realise we're on a date, right?" She snapped at him, which caused me to back away. Should I go? Or should I stay? "She asked you what you wanted and you were just staring at her! I'm your girlfriend, you twat!" She hissed, causing people to stare.

The man looked around and put his head down in embarrassment. She sighed. "I'll have...a garden salad please." I nodded and wrote it down.

"And for you, Sir?" I asked the man, who's cheeks were a light shade of pink.

"I'll have a beef burger, with extra chips." I smiled, a man who can eat. I thought to myself.

"Okay, I'll get them-" I was interrupted by the blonde woman's annoying high pitched whiny voice.

"Babe, don't you think you should get something healthier? I mean...you've put on a lot of weight and you need to diet." She said bluntly, not even bothered if she hurt his feelings. I gasped.

"I'm-I'm going to go to the toilets." He said, getting up from his seat. She sighed and got out her phone.

"I'll be back with your meals, soon." I said, walking swiftly away. "Jake...I'll just be one second." I said, handing him my notepad. He nodded and shouted the orders to the chef.

I crept into the men's bathroom, knocking on the door as I do. I heard faint crying and sniffing. "Um..." I heard him say. It sounded like him.

"Is there anyone else in here?" I said, he chuckled.