37 - party time

It was December 23rd. The day of the party, two days before Christmas. Christmas Eve-Eve today!

Olly told me that the party was formal. Why? My question exactly.

I went out and bought a long white dress, obviously Olly paid. Sadly. I hate him buying me things, feels like I'm taking advantage of him being famous.

I was curling my hair, and then finally put on my dress. It took a while, but I managed to do it.

I walked out of the room, into the front room where Olly was sitting on the sofa, eating a bag of crisps, watching the football and one hand stashed in his pants.

"Charming." I said, which made him jump, turning off the TV, taking his hand out of his pants. He turned round, and did a double take.

"Holy shit...Poppy is that you?" He joked, coming closer to me. "Promise me later, that I can rip it off you?"

"You can't rip. But I suppose you can carefully take it off." I said, pecking his lips.

"Good. Now let's go." He said, picking up Josh who was being dropped off at my parents as the party goes on into the night.

---

"Ols! Poppy, right?" Louis said, giving us hugs by the door. I nodded, as Olly rested his hand on my lower back, guiding us in. "Help yourself to drinks." He said, running off somewhere else.

"Holy crap, look how many famous people are here," I whispered to Olly, him getting us a couple of champagnes. "Wow. Look, Simon Cowell. Oh my god, Harry Styles!"

Olly rolled his eyes at me, kissing my cheek.

"Jealous are we?" I joked, winking at him. He scoffed.

"There's Caroline over there, I'm just going to say hello quickly." He said, kissing my cheek again before going away. I rested my elbow on the bar, examining the room.

"Poppy," someone said behind me, "remember me? We met at the barbecue. Harry Styles." He said, sticking his hand out.

I shyly looked down, taking his hand. "Hi."

He chuckled. "You look beautiful." He openly said, not even looking slightly embarrassed.

"Thank you." I muttered. Olly jogged back over, with Caroline, I'm guessing, trailing behind him.

"See you later." Harry said, turning his back and walking off.

"What did he want?" Olly asked, grabbing my hand and rubbing my knuckles.

"Nothing. Just came to say hi," I turned to Caroline, "hiya, I'm Poppy."

"Lovely to meet you, I'm Caroline. Olly's told me lots about you." He glared at her, before turning a light shade of red.

"Aw, baby." I coo'ed, pinching his cheeks.

The song changed, and Olly dragged my onto the dance floor. "Excuse me." He told Caroline and she nodded and smiled. "Have I told you how breathtaking you look tonight?"

"You might have mentioned it a couple of times." I said, putting my arms around his neck as his settled on my waist.

"Well, you look absolutely beautiful." He said, pulling my closer and kissing me.

"Woah guys, not too much kissing." We pulled apart and stared at the person who was talking. Gary Barlow.

"Holy crap. You're Gary Barlow. Holy crap." I repeated, staring at him. "I'm P-Poppy." I stuttered, finding Olly laughing beside me. I hit him slightly as Gary and Olly began talking.

---

Olly and I had been dancing basically all night. It was 2 in the morning and we were both getting pretty tired.

"It's been great, mate. Happy birthday." Olly said, shaking his hand. I gave him a hug before following Olly out the door.

We got home and both collapsed on the bed. I got changed and got into bed. Olly came back into the room, pouting. "I wanted to do that for you."

I laughed. "Maybe another night, baby. Bed time."

He pouted again, getting into bed next to me. "Night beautiful."

"Night."

---

It was now 4 and I couldn't sleep. Not a single wink. My mind travelled back to the weeks ago, when Olly asked me how many letters I read. Why did he want to know? I got myself out of bed, quietly walking to the box in the corner. I dug my way through the box, trying to find out if anything thing else was in there.

My hand caught something. Someone hard. Like a box. I grabbed onto it. I pulled it out, and revealed...

A small black box.