52 - video games

Olly's POV

I walked away from the bathroom, with a towel slung round my waist. Poppy and Josh weren't here. They were visiting family with her family. She asked me to come but I didn't really feel up to it. I put the kettle on, planning to make a cup of coffee.

I can't believe I'm getting married to the girl of my dreams. This time last year, I wouldn't have thought it. Because I lost her. I lost her for good. But then I found her. I found my beautiful, sweet, caring girl who took me in her arms again. She let me regain her trust. She let me in.

That girl completes me. I was lost without her. All the fame, all the money, doesn't compare to what I have with Poppy. Nothing ever will. The fact that we've got another baby coming makes it all better as well. I'm actually going to see this one grow up. Grow up to be like his daddy, or beautiful like her mummy.

I'm not going to run. I'm done with that. I'm staying for good. Forever. She's mine forever. And in a couple of months, we will have a legal binding that says that.

She will be my wife.

I smile to myself at the fact that I can call her that soon. It has a nice ring to it. Get it?
There was a knock at the door, and I walked over and answered it.

Jake was standing there with cases of beer. He looked down to my chest, raising his eyebrows. "Easy tiger, just because Poppy's gone doesn't mean we should do anything we'll regret." I wondered what he was talking about but then I looked down and saw my bare chest.

"Oh god," I grumbled. "Be right back." He laughed and made his way into the front room. I got changed, not caring what I put on for Jake.

"So what're you doing here?" I asked once I got downstairs and was fully dressed.

"Thought we could drink beer and play some video games like the men we are."

I laughed. "Like the man I am. What games have you got in mind?"

"Everything. Football to COD. Whole weekend of men shit."

I laughed. "Let's get started."

---

2 days later, the place was a mess. A mess is an understatement to be honest.
There were pizza boxes over the place. Loads of beer bottles scattered around the place. Video games everywhere. We were still going. It was 8 in the evening and we've den nothing but play games.
I never realised how much fun Jake is. I've missed it throughout the 3 years.

"We're back!" Poppy shouted.

"Oh shit." I whispered. she is going to kill me.

I was going to try and tidy, but hell that wasn't gonna happen.

"What the..." She said, coming in holding a sleeping Josh. She looked around and sighed, turning around.

"She's mad," Jake whispered, "you're gonna die. Here comes her wrath."

She came back, walking in and plopping on the couch, grabbing a bottle of beer. "So who am I gonna play first?"