40 - merry christmas, babe

Olly and I were watching Elf, as Josh laid in my arms, trying to get him to fall asleep.

"Remember Joshy, Santa won't come unless you're asleep." Olly reminding him, pecking his forehead.

"Daddy's right. Do you think Santa has got you what you asked for?" I said. Josh shrugged. "You better get to sleep so you can find out!"

Josh closed his eyes, sucking his thumb. Minutes later, he was fast asleep.

"It's crazy how fast a three year old can fall asleep." Olly mumbled, as I gently got up, going to put Josh in his crib.

I returned downstairs to Olly watching Elf intensely.

"When do you wanna do the pressies?" He asked and I shushed him.

"I'd rather not have Josh find out that Santa's not real when he's only three!" Olly laughed, kissing my temple. "But...later."

He nodded as I sat down next to him, resting my head on his lap. He played with my hair as we both watched Elf.

"I got you something." Olly whispered, as he was aware I was nearly falling asleep.

"It's not Christmas yet..." I mumbled, as Olly hoisted me up.

"I know. It's a Christmas Eve present."

"Now I feel stupid because I didn't get you anything." He handed me a package and I opened it. It was a t-shirt. I opened it out and rolled my eyes. "Really?"

Olly laughed and nodded. "Most definitely."

"Mrs Olly Murs? you idiot." I mumbled against his lips.

He broke away before pecking my lips one more time. "You love me." He said, winking at me.

"Sadly, yes."

---

Olly and I were putting out 'Santa's' presents as quietly as we could. But Olly had other plans.

"I bet this is a toy truck! Or this is a magic kit! Boy I do love these presents. I don't know about Josh but I'll be the one playing with all these! AH!"

I hit him playfully, as we put the finally present in Josh's sack.

"Want to watch The Grudge?"

I shrugged. That film scares the shit out of me. "C'mon." Olly said, gathering me on his lap. "I'll protect you." He whispered in my ear.

I said what I've been thinking for a number of weeks now.

"Olly? I want...I want to...change Josh's surname."

I felt him stiffen and his heartbeat increase. I turned to face him, his lips were in a thin line until the corners of his moth twitched and formed a smile.

"To Murs?" He asked, dumbly.

"No, to Hemsworth. What do you think?" I joked.

"Stop joking about The Hunger Games cast. And are you sure. I'd love that. Joshua Murs."

I nodded.

"What about yours?" He asked, winking at me.

"Maybe one day."

He kissed me quickly, before turning to his watch.

"Merry Christmas, babe."

---

AN: don't hate me. I've been in a shitty mood and not really in the mood to write, sorry!

Enjoy, comments pls x