7 - invitations

"W-what?" I stuttered, not believing what I just heard.

Olly's serious face suddenly turned into a grin and he started laughing. "I was only joking! How could I be with someone else when I've been in love with you for the past eight years! I thought you knew me better than that." he said, faintly chuckling.

I hit his arm playfully. "You idiot, don't do that to me!"

"Was someone getting jealous?" Was I? No of course I wasn't...I've moved on from Olly, haven't i?

"Miss Dawson, you can come and take Joshua home now." The doctor said, me silently thanking him for interrupting. Olly and I followed the doctor to the children's ward and we finally found Josh.

"Hey Joshy!" His eyes were closed, I'm guessing he's asleep.

"He's asleep at the moment," the doctor said, answering my thoughts, "but you can take him home now." Olly carefully lifted him up and scooped him in his arms.

We thanked the doctors and walked out the hospital. "Well, my rides here," Olly said, giving Josh to me and scratching the back of his neck. "You sure you don't need a ride?"

"I'm fine, honestly. Go."

"Alright, see you later." He said as he got in the car.

Just as he left, my phone started ringing. "Hello?"

"Pops, where are ya?" Jake said.

"Outside the hospital waiting for you."

"Shit, Pops. I can't. That man...is taking me out. Sorry Pops."

I sighed. "Okay, have a good night."

I hung up the phone and frantically waved my arm in the air to see if Olly could see. Thankfully he turned around and drove up to me.

"Jake's got a date...may I?" he nodded and got out the car, opening the door for me. "Thanks," I shyly said, getting in the car.

"Heyyy, you must be Poppy. I'm Rupert." The man in the drivers seat said. He stuck out his arm and I shook it. "Nice to finally meet you."

"Erm, yeah, nice to meet you too."

I start to wonder how many times Olly has actually mentioned me in conversations with his fellow band mates and friends. They all seem to know who I am, considering I've never met them before.

Olly and Rupert start talking in the front, while I hold a sleeping Josh.

"I love you, baby." I whispered to Josh, kissing his forehead.

"So, Poppy? Fancy coming to a BBQ round my house next week?" Rupert said, turning the corner.

"Uh, no thanks. I'll pass." I said, chuckling.

"She's never been one for a bbq, right Poppy?"

I awkwardly laughed. "Yeah..."

"Come on, please!" He pushed, never going to let it go.

"Ugh fine. when is it again?"

"Next Saturday. Give me ya number and I'll text you the details." I wrote my number down on the paper and passed it to him.

He pulled up outside the house and I got Josh. "Thank you for the lift. I'll see you next Saturday?" He nodded.

Olly also got out as his car was here. Rupert drove away and I walked towards the house. "Do you want a up of tea or something?"

He smiled and nodded, walking in after me.

"Mumma," Josh said, in my arms, "I'm hungry."

"Okay, baby." I put him on his chair and got some food. "Here ya go."

"It hasn't changed here, at all." I heard Olly mutter to himself.