4 - meet your daddy

What do I do? I couldn't just leave. I had to bite the bullet and ask if everything was good. I can't just sit here and daydream. Damn.

I picked up the courage and walked over there. I stood at the corner of the table, furthest away from Olly. Next to a lady. "Is everybody enjoying their meals?" The all nodded and smiled.

"Was that your son?" One of the men asked me, I slowly nodded. "He looks awfully like someone I know-"

"That's enough, Jon." Olly said, still hiding his face.

"He looks like his father." I bluntly said, smiling. I turned around and headed back to the bar.

"Did you talk to him?"

"I-I need to get out of here." I muttered, taking off my apron and legging it out of the door. I went outside, letting the cool breeze hit me.

"P-Poppy?" I heard that Essex voice that I used to love, behind me. I don't do anything, I was frozen in my stance. Do I keep on walking? Or do I turn around to see his face, which I haven't seen properly for 3 years. Only on TV screens have I seen him.

I decided on the first one. I shook my head and carried on walking.

"Poppy! Pops wait!" I cringed at the nickname he called me.

"You do not get to call me that anymore." I harshly said, still not turning around, walking still.

"Right, right... Poppy, just turn around!" I stopped and turned around, making eye contact with the man who I had fallen in love with.

"What else could you possibly want?" I said. He shrugged.

"Is...Is the boy... mine?" I shook my head and turned on my heel, walking back to my house. I don't know why I said he wasn't Olly's, because Olly is Joshua's father. I haven't been with anyone else. I've just been patiently waiting for Olly to come back and tell me he loves me, and we could be a happy family. But he never did. Never in the three years did he ever make contact with me. Not even a quick 'hello'. Nothing.

"Poppy just let me explain!"

"Explain what?! How you completely abandoned me, how you let fame change you? How you didn't even drop a text to ask how I was or if you wanted to meet? You didn't even end the relationship! I just assumed it was over when you never arrived after months of waiting for you. So I'm done, Olly. I'm so done. I've moved on. It looks like you have too." I breathed heavily, turning back around and legging it home. I didn't want to look back, because I knew Olly who have a face on that he knows I can't resist. He expects me to come running back to him after 3 years. He's got another thing coming.

I finally got home and through the door, greeted by Alfie.

"Hey Alf, mum and dad in?" He shook his head.

"What are you doing home? shouldn't you be at work?"

"Where's Joshua?"

"Front room, now explain." My 15 year old brother demanded. I chuckled.

"Olly was there...he saw Josh. He heard him shout out 'love you mummy!' I told him that he wasn't his and I had a go at him."

He laughed, but suddenly stopped. "Pops...look outside."

I looked at him weirdly, before walking to the window an seeing...none other than Olly Murs. "What the hell is he doing here?!"

Alfie shrugged and went to his bedroom. Fuck.

I heard the doorbell ring and I suddenly felt so nervous. My palms were sweaty and I was breathing heavily.

"Mummy?" Joshua said, hugging my leg. I lifted him up and kissed his forehead.

"Yeah, sweetheart?"

"Who's at door?" I breathed in.

"Let's go and have a look." I walked towards the door, an slowly opened it. Olly stood there with his back to me, he was on the phone.

"Mate, tell Sarah that I'm a twat!" he said through the phone.

"You've got that right." I said, which he instantly turned around and gasped, looking at Joshua.

"He's...he looks..."

"Like you." I finished off for him. He nodded slowly. "Alfie? Come and get Josh for me and take him up to his bedroom."

Alfie soon came down, and sneered at Olly. "Idiot," he muttered under his breathe. "C'mon little man." And he went upstairs.

"Come in." I said politely. Olly silently entered the house where we spent lots of time together.

"It hasn't changed much." He said, sitting on the sofa. I nodded.

"Want a drink?" He shook his head and wiped his hands on his jeans.

"Can you tell me what happened after I left?" He said, looking down.

"Right...well, you had been gone for about two weeks, and we just finished a skype call. Little did I know that that would of been the last time if ever see you." I stopped talking and looked at Olly. His head was still hanging low. "I was sitting in our...house, and I was sick. I called mum as I was never sick in my life. She said she'd be round in a bit. So I waited and she came with a chemist paper bag. She told me it's just for precautions, and so i did the pregnancy test. And turns out, I was pregnant. With your baby." I stopped again and Olly was looking at me.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?!" He shouted, I flinched.

"I called you, endless times. I kept getting your voicemail and then a week later I heard 'this phone is no longer available.' You change your number and you didn't even tell me? Anyway...I had earned enough money for the mortgage until Josh was born. I had to sell the house and move in with mum and dad. Luckily, I still had the waitressing job so I saved up money for Josh. I never spent a penny on me. It was all on Josh. Nothing else in the world mattered right then. It was all about my son. Our son that you had no idea about."

Olly was literally speechless. I stood up and went to the stairs. "Alf, bring Joshy down, please."

He came down and whispered in my ear, "don't do anything stupid."

I laughed and took Joshua. "Thanks, kiddo."

I kissed Josh's cheek and took him into the front room.

"Mummy...who dis?" Josh said, pointing to Olly.

"Joshy, meet your Daddy."