11 - moving

After about fifteen minutes of just sitting there quietly, crying my eyes out, there was a knock on the door. I got up and rubbed the mascara from under my eyes. I looked in the small mirror to see if I looked presentable. Meh.

I opened the door and Olly was standing there, still. How long has he been there for? Did he...did he hear me crying?

"I heard you crying," he said, answering my thoughts, "I couldn't leave until I knew you were okay."

"I'm fine." I bluntly said, disregarding his kind gestures.

"Poppy, come on. Please. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the past. And I know I can't change it, but if I could i'd pull out of X-Factor if it meant losing you."

I sighed.

"I just want you to know, I didn't have sex with anyone while we're apart." He said quietly, while closing the door softly behind him.

I groaned. I ran back to the door and opened it. "Wait, Olly!" His head turned round and he looked at me. His eyes are you so beautiful.

"Do you wanna come in? You...I left before you could say bye to Josh, I'm sure he'd love to see you." His frown suddenly turned into a faint smile, and his head bobbed up and down. I opened the door a little further so he could get in. He smiled in gratitude and went to the front room.

"Where's the little man then?" He said, standing in the middle of the front room.

"He's asleep. All that dancing made him pretty tired." I said, chuckling.

"He's got my moves." Olly said, winking at me. I giggled like a teenager and sat down on the couch. He pulled out his phone and started playing one of his songs. And started dancing.

He did his famous thrusting and booty shaking, and just being a plain old idiot. I put my head in my hands, laughing uncontrollably. "That's what you looked like when we used to go to that club down the road. Do you realise why I was always so embarrassed to dance with you?" I said, winking at him.

He gasped. "I'm a fantastic dancer, Poppy Dawson!" He said, jumping up in the air and, nearly, doing the splits. "Fuck...that hurt. I'm getting too old to do that." He said, holding his legs. He sat down next to me and groaned.

"That was embarrassing, babe." I said.

"What did you just call me?" He said. I gasped. I just called him babe. No no no this isn't good. I mentally slapped myself.

"N-nothing." I said, turning my head away from him.

"You just called me-" he was interrupted by the front door opening.

"Pops, we're home!" I heard my Dad say. Oh no, this isn't going to be good.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to Olly, as I knew he was pretty much hated in this household.

I walked out to the hall, with Olly following slowly behind.

"Hey, did you- get out." My dad said, eyes focused on Olly.

"Sir can I just-"

"No! No you can not do anything! I don't want you anywhere near this house! I don't want you anywhere near us, anywhere near Josh and certainly anywhere near Poppy!"

"Dad!" I shouted. His head snapped round and looked at me.

"What?" He snapped.

"Just stop. I'm 24 for gods sake! I'm allowed to see whoever I want. And for Josh, I'm his mother! I can decide if he's allowed to see Olly or not, not you! Yes, Olly is an idiot, yeah he broke my heart but he's Josh's dad! I don't care if you don't agree with it. It's my life!"

He shook his head. "If he's going to continue to be in your life, then leave this house."

My eyes widened, as did Olly's and mum's.

"Paul-" mum started, but Dad put his hand up to stop her talking.

"No mum, it's fine." I walked upstairs to my room.

"Where are you going?" She asked, sounding panicked.

"I'm leaving." I went upstairs and closed the door, packing everything I had.

---

After an hour of packing, I had two full suitcases and a holdall bag. I went into Josh's room, and he was already up. "Let's go, Josh. We're leaving."

"Where we going mumma?"

"I'm not sure, baby."

Where were we meant to go?

"You can come and stay with me for a while, if you want?" I heard Olly say from outside the door.

I opened it and smiled. "Really?" He nodded.

"Course. Now let's go." He grabbed my two suitcases and lugged them downstairs, while I had the holdall bag and Josh.

Dad was nowhere to be seen. But Mum and Alfie were at the door. "You don't have to do this..." Mum said, hugging Josh.

"I want Josh to have a dad. I just, I need Dad to understand that. I'm going to stay with Olly for a bit." She shook her head and gave Josh back to me. "I'll come and see you soon." I have Alfie and cuddle and kiss on the forehead. "Bye lil bro."

I walked out the door and put Josh into the car seat in Olly's car. I opened the passenger door and got in. "Thank you for this." He shrugged.

"It's the least I could do."

"Mumma, where we going?" Josh asked from the back. I turned around.

"We're going to stay with Daddy for a bit." He squealed and clapped.

"Mumma and Dadda!"