31 - kiss me

Olly was out for the day, my parents had Josh and I was alone so I thought i'd do something productive.

I thought I'd make some cakes.

I love cooking. Not very good at it. But I love eating.

I got out the flour, eggs, butter, milk and everything else I needed, getting ready to make the cakes.

I am prepared.

---

Making cakes is hard. They're in the oven at the moment. Chocolate cupcakes. I settled on. Yuuuummy.

There was a knock on the door, which startled me. I rubbed my hands on my apron, walking to the door.

"Can you not use your key?" I said, seeing Olly's face at the door.

He grinned before stepping in, sniffing the air.

"Poppy Dawson...have you been cooking? never thought I'd see the day." I hit him and walked back into the kitchen. I looked through the oven door, seeing that they are ready. I got them out, putting them on a cooling rack.

"Poppy, I need to talk to you." Olly said, grabbing a cupcake. I swatted him with my teatowel.

"No." He pouted, then grabbed my hand sitting me down.

"I need to talk to you..." I nodded, indicating for him to continue. "I'm..I'm going on tour."

"Wow, Olly. That's great!" I said, throwing my arms around him. But he pulled back.

"That's not it. I'm going...I'm going to..."

"Spit it out."

"America." I wish he didn't spit it out. No. Please tell me this is a lie. A joke. April fools in August.

"How long?" I whispered, tears threatening to come out.

"Four months..." No. They started. Tears started forming in my eyes, dripping down my face. "Poppy..."

"Please, just leave me alone. Just for a bit." I pleaded, running to the bedroom, shutting the door.

He's leaving me...for four months...to America. What happens if...what happens if he leaves us again? The box in the corner of the room catches my eye. I walked over, grabbing a random letter. This should help me.

"Dear Poppy,

14/05/2012

Its my birthday today. And I really couldn't give a shit. Mum and Dad are throwing me a party. Right now. Everyone is downstairs. While I'm upstairs, thinking about you.

Remember my birthday '08? You took me to one of those car movie things, like in America. Where you have a massive screen, which plays a film and we sit in our cars watching it. The Goonies played. Obviously I drove. You just had to tell me. I remember you tried to cover my eyes, but I had to remind you that I had to look where I was going. Silly.

Then later that night, you gave me the rest, if you remember. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Sorry! Mum came up and I had to hide the paper. Don't think she'd like to read about how we had sex on my birthday in '08! She told me I had to come down. And 'socialise'. I wish you were here. You'd be here, being by my side all the time. It would have made my life 1000 times easier.

I love you, Poppy.

Love always, Olly x"

Wiping the tears from my eyes, I put the letter on the bed. The door opened and Olly came in.

"Poppy, I'm so sorr-" he was cut off by me. I wrapped my arms around him. "Well I wasn't expecting this." He mumbled, lifting me a little bit.

Then I said two words i'd never thought i'd say. "Kiss me."

"W-what?" I obviously caught him off guard.

"Kiss me, Olly." He isn't waste any time, before pulling me towards him, pressing his lips onto mine. It wasn't rushed. It was full with passion, and lust.

His hand rested on my cheek, his thumb drawing circles lightly. My hands rested on his chest. I've been craving this. I feel...complete? Cheese to a new level, right?

Olly completes me. Olly.

He pulled away, both of us panting for air. I bit my lip, grinning slightly.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that." He said, resting his hands on my waist.

"Are...are you really going...for four months?" I asked, really wanting him to tell me that it was a joke and he'd be by my side every single day.

He nodded. "I'll be back by the 3rd December..I think."

I nodded, sighing. I sat down on the bed, crossing my legs.

"You read another one, huh?" He said, pointing to the letter.

"Yeah...thought it might cheer me up."

"Did it?"

"A little bit."

He smiled, kissing my forehead. "I leave in two days, Pops..." My mouth opened. Did I hear him right? He's leaving for four months in...2 days?

"Are you kidding me?"

He stared at his feet, shaking his head. "I'm so so sorry."

I leant over, pressing my lips onto his softly. He immediately started kissing back, his tongue swiping my lips, asking for permission. I didn't let him at first, but as he rested his hand on my knee, I let him.

The kiss deepened as he laid me down on the bed. He hovered over me, my hands playing with his hair. He pulled away and I pouted.

"Don't think I was done with that." He chuckled, pecking my lips quickly. "Oi!"

"Wanna come shopping with me?" I nodded.

"What sort of question is that? I'm Poppy. I love shopping."

"Duh. I should have known. Let's go, babe."

He grabbed onto my hand, as I grabbed my purse and phone.

"Nu-uh. You're not taking this." Olly took my purse from my hand, chucking it on the bed. "My treat." He kissed my forehead, opening the door and being bombarded with paparazzi.

After minutes of struggling to get into the car, we made it.

"Eventful day." I said, Olly's hand resting on my knee as he pulled out of the drive and started driving.