3 - three years on

"Mummy! Wake up mummy!" I heard a familiar voice called. "Mummy!"

I opened my eyes to see my three year old son.

"Morning, Joshy." I gave him a peck on the cheek and got up. "What are you doing up?"

"Nanny told me to wake you up," I nodded and put on my dressing gown. I walked downstairs, Josh's hand in mine.

"Hey mum," I said, kissing her cheek, "how are you?"

"Hey sweetie, I'm okay. Remember you've got work today."

"Oh yeah, that's why this little rascal woke me up." I said, lifting up Joshua and tickling him.

"Morning princess." Dad said, coming into the kitchen.

"Morning Daddy." I said, kissing his cheek.

"Remember you've got work today," I nodded.

"Mums reminded me." He smiled and picked up Joshua.

"And how's my favourite little man today?" Joshua giggled and nodded.

"I'm going to get dressed, see you in a bit." I kissed Joshua's forehead and went upstairs.

I still worked at the restaurant, earning money. I now lived my mum and dad and brother, because I couldn't afford to pay for the house when Olly left me.

I put on my black shirt and my black skinny jeans, grabbing my apron and tying my hair back into a messy bun, I went downstairs and grabbed my bag.

"You be good for Nanny, okay Joshy? Mummy will be home later." I said to Joshua, kissing his forehead.

"Bye Mumma!" He shouted as I walked out the door.

The restaurant was a 10 minute walk, so I plugged in my headphones and began walking.

---

"Hey Jake," I said to my best friend as I put my bag down.

"Hey Pops! We're busy today!" I glanced round at the tables, and to my surprise, he was right.

"Brilliant," I muttered under my breathe.

"Table 5 Miss Poppy," one of the other waiters said to me. "It's a big party." I glanced over there and saw about eleven people. Great.

"Okay Carlos." I made my way over the table 5, got out my pad and pen. "Hello my name is Poppy and I will be your waitress today, what can I get you for drinks?"

I went round the table and got everybody's drinks until the last person hesitated. "And for you, Sir?" His face was hidden behind a menu so I couldn't see what he looked like.

"I'll have a beer, please." He said, his face still hidden behind the menu.

"Okay then," I went over the order and they all nodded, "I'll be right back with your drinks."

I walked over to Jake, and handed him my pad so he could do the drinks. "That man looks oddly familiar." He said, I shrugged not knowing who he was talking about.

"Probably one of your many ex boyfriends." He sarcastically laughed and gave me the drinks. "Cheers buddy."

I walked over there and gave everyone their drinks.

"And one beer," I said to the man who's face was buried in his phone. He was on twitter. On @ollyofficial's page. Maybe he's a fan. Yeah. "What can I get you for your meals?"

They all told me what they wanted and I wrote them down. I once again got to the last man. "I'll have a beef burger with extra chips, please." I laughed, that's what Olly always used to order.

"Coming up."

I gave the orders to the chef and sat down for a bit.

Soon enough, the orders returned and I gave them to the people. "Enjoy your meals, I'll be right over there if you need me."

"How's my favourite little man?" I could hear Jake say...that only means one thing, Joshua's here. I walked back over and saw Alfie holding Josh.

"Hey lil bro." I said, ruffling his hair.

"Hey hey, I got a thing going on here." I laughed and looked at Joshua's outfit.

"A Man United football shirt? Really?" My 15 year old brother nodded.

"His dad supports them, so I thought why not."

"His dad doesn't want anything to do with Josh." I whispered, while Jake played with Josh.

"You haven't even asked him! The last time you talked to him was three years ago!"

I sighed and turned around to get Josh. I held him on my hip, and I kissed his cheek. I could feel the man from table 5 staring at me. I quickly looked up and he bowed his head, so I couldn't see who it was. Bloody hell.

"Why'd you bring him here, anyway?" I asked Alfie, who had taken Josh back.

"We went to the park, so we thought we'd drop in and say hello." I smiled.

"Mummy's got to go back to work, baby. But I'll see you later."

"Love you mummy!" He shouted so the whole restaurant looked up. I kissed his cheek and they left. Everyone 'aw'd' and returned to their meals. Except one person. The man at table 5. Oh my god...that's-

"Hey Pops, isn't that Olly Murs?" Jake whispered, pointing to him.