45 - i'll be back

This is the second night I stayed round Jake's, and the longest I've been away from Josh. I miss him. So much. My phones has been ringing nonstop, all from Olly of course.

I feel bad for staying round Jake's. Ever since Olly has come back into my life, I've hardly seen him. I've hardly seen my parents either. It's so bad. Or Alfie. I wonder how my little brother is doing. His birthday is coming up soon. He's gonna be 16. Blimey. I decided to give them a call.

It rang for three rings, before my mum's voice rang through the phone.

"Hey mum."

"Poppy? Oh hi sweetie!" She replied, so sweetly.

"I'm so sorry, mum. I'm so so so sorry." I repeated.

"What for? Oh for not seeing us? Don't worry! You've been very busy with your new life." The funny thing is, there wasn't any sarcasm in her voice, it was so sincere.

"Thanks mum. Olly and I had a fight. Well...a disagreement. I'm round Jake's and have been for the past 2 days. I haven't seen Josh in so long and I miss him so much but Olly was being a dick and-"

"Hey hey, it's fine. Every couple has arguments. How about you come round here and we can plan a party? You know, for Alf. I know how much you love planning parties."

I smiled. "Thanks, mum. can you do me a favour?"

"Of course, what is it?"

"Can you go and get Josh for me?" She laughed.

"No. You go and get him sweetie, he's your son."

I grunted and sighed. "Fine. See you in a bit."

We said out goodbyes and I hung up the phone. Jake was at work at the moment so I left him a note telling him where I'd be.

I called a taxi and told him directions to our- Olly's house. I really need to learn to drive. My mini was still sitting outside the house. I can nearly drive, in my defence. I just need to pass my test. I'm nearly there.

I thanked the driver, giving him some money.

I walked up the pathway, breathing deeply and then knocking on the door, because I stupidly forgot my keys.

It took a while, but finally the door opened. Olly answered. Wearing trackies and a plain white top which was stained. He had a small stubble, obvious that he hadn't shaved in days. His hair was messy at the top of his head, pointing in all different directions. He had massive bags under his eyes that were noticeable from space. The red cast on his arm still present.

"Pop-" I didn't let him finish before I opened the door a bit, walking in, searching the rooms for Josh.

I saw him sitting in his playpen, playing with one of his toys. He looks tired. his head turned to me and he smiled so brightly.

"Mumma!" He almost shouted, standing up and raising his arms.

I walked over and picked him up. "Hi baby, mummy's missed you!"

"Poppy...please." Olly said, appearing at the doorway.

I do realise that I overreacted maybe a little bit, but he was being inappropriate and silly. He was just taking advantage of having a broken arm.

"I'm...I'm going round mums to plan Alf's birthday party. I-I will come back later." He smiled and nodded, kissing Josh's cheek before opening the main door for me. "Thanks. See you later." I put my hand on his chest, before walking out.