6 - hospitals

I woke up to my alarm at 6 o'clock. I was doing the morning shift at the restaurant today. Great. I got out of bed and went to have a shower.

After I finished in the shower, I put on my skinny jeans and black shirt and walked out the bedroom door.

"Morning, sweetheart." Mum said, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Morning, Mum. Where's Joshy?"

"The lazy boy is still sleeping!" She said, laughing.

"Blimey..." I made myself a cup of coffee, and drunk it quickly.

I got up, placed the mug in the dishwasher. "I'm just going to say goodbye to Joshua, then I'll be gone." She nodded, whilst reading the news paper.

I crept into Josh's room, and he was playing with his toys on the floor. "Mumma!" He shouted, lifting his arms up.

I picked him up and gave him a hug. "You're burning up sweetie... Mumma's off to work. I'll see you soon, beautiful." I put him back down on the floor and left. Alfie came out of the bathroom just as I was leaving Josh's room. "Hey Alf, watch Josh for a bit?" He sighed and nodded.

"Have a good day at work, sis."

"Bye mum!" I shouted, as I walked out the door.

---

"Morning sweetie, table 11 please." My dad said as he disappeared into the kitchen. There was hardly anyone here. Only a couple of chefs and a few waiters. And only a few customers. I looked over to table 11 and saw the people that Olly was with yesterday... But missing one person. Olly.

I put my apron on and walked over there. "Hello my name is Poppy and I-"

"We know who you are, sweetie." The blonde lady said, interrupting me.

"Uh, I'm sorry?" I asked, a bit confused.

"You're Olly's...friend? Shall we say." Another man piped up.

"He's been talking about you nonstop and it's annoying!" A man, who I think to be Jon, said.

I shook my head and laughed. "Right...what can I get you?"

"11 coffees?"

"But there's only 10 of you..."

"Sorry I'm late!" The Essex boy said. Oh great.

Olly sat down and looked at me. "H-hi Poppy." I politely smiled and walked off.

"Dadddddddy," I whined, "Olly's here." I discretely bobbed my head to the direction that Olly was in. My Dad looked around and saw him.

"Pops come on. All the other waiters are busy and there's no way in hell I'm serving him. Please, go."

I reluctantly went over there with their coffees and set them down at each of the places. I put Olly's one down a little bit too hard and the coffee spluttered everywhere. "Oh I'm terribly sorry, I don't know what came over me." I said. I heard giggles around the table. Olly hit one of the men and the laughter stopped.

"C-can I get you anything for meals?" They each told me their meals and I went back to the kitchen to tell them. I came back and saw Alfie sitting on one of the stalls at the bar, giving Olly the evils.

"Hey Alf, what's wrong?"

"Josh...he's not well."

"W-what do you mean 'he's not well'?" I questioned, nervousness running through me.

"He's got a temperature above 40, he's been sick, he won't eat, he won't drink."

Oh shit. "Oh my god!" I squealed, making heads look up. "D-dad, Josh is ill, I-I have to go." He quickly nodded and me and Alfie darted out the door.