36 - cooking and cuddles

"I'm back!" I shouted, as I walked into the house.

I just got back from my second driving lesson. I'm a pro. I don't even know why I waited this long to get them, they're piss easy.

"We're in the kitchen!" Olly replied, followed by a sound of giggled.

I placed my handbag on the chair, walking into the kitchen, seeing Olly, Josh and Alfie, standing making...a cake?

"What's going on..." I asked, slightly weirded out.

"We cooking mumma!" Josh said, as he clapped.

"I can see that, baby."

Olly walked over to me, with chocolate hands, placing a kiss on my lips. "Hello beautiful."

I blushed and looked down. "Hello gorgeous." I replied, pecking his nose.

---

Olly and I were sitting on the couch, while Alfie played with Josh on the floor.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to come to a party with me, on 23rd December?" Olly said, playing with a strand on my hair.

"Who's?" I asked, fiddling with Olly's other hand, intertwining my fingers with his.

"Louis Tomlinson. From One Direction? His birthday is on 24th, so it's gonna go on into the night."

"Yeah sure, why not. Love a good party, me." He laughed. Kissing my cheek.

"I'm gonna go home now, thanks for having me though. It's been good."

I hugged my little brother goodbye, as he shook Olly's hand. What sort of 15 year old shakes hand. I sometimes forget how mature Alfie is. He's very smart for his age. Like an English Sheldon Cooper. Top in all his classes. When mum and dad were working, I always used to help him with his homework. When I had Josh, he helped me with him. He said that it's his way of thanking me for all I've done.

Alfie and I are very close. From a very young age. The minute he was born, I promised to protect him, to love him and to make sure he got the best out of life. I want to fulfil my promise. I have. I think. He's broken his arm once, and I couldn't do anything. He was round his friends, and he was walking down a ladder from his treehouse, and he slipped and fell. But I was with him at the hospital. I was holding his hand. I was there. I love him, so so much.

"Babe, Josh is getting tired." Olly said, snapping me out of my thoughts about my little brother. I looked down to Josh, who was yawning while rubbing his eyes.

"I think you're right." I patted Olly's leg, leaning my hand on Olly as I hoisted myself up. "Come on, little man." I picked up Josh, as he rested his was on my shoulder.

"Me no sleepy yet." Josh said as another yawn escaped his mouth.

"Of course you're not, sweetie." I changed him into his pyjamas, and putting him down in his bed. "Night night baby." He smiled softly, before closing his eyes almost immediately falling asleep.

I closed the door, walking back downstairs to see Olly pouring some wine. "Yes please." He laughed, handing me a glass. I sat down, leaning into Olly as he wrapped his arm around me. "You smell nice." I said, closing my mouth and slapped my hand over my mouth, realising what I just said.

"Why thank you." He said, winking at me. I hit his chest playfully, as he kissed my forehead. "Pops?"

"Hmm?"

"How many letters have you read?"

"A few. Not many. Why?"

"Just wondering." And with that, I felt myself drifting off into a deep sleep, cuddling Olly.