13 - kisses

"Honey, I'm home!" Olly shouted as he walked through the door to his flat. 

"I asked you not to do that," I said, chuckling. "Olly, we need to talk." 

"Uh-oh, what have I done now?" He said, crinkling his nose. 

I laughed. "You know I want you to be in Josh's life, yeah? But I dont want him being shown off to the world, just yet. I don't want him to be in the media, I don't want him to be stunned by all the flashing lights. I can't have that for my little boy. He's only 3," I took a breathe and looked at Olly. "So what I'm trying to say is...Don't take him anywhere in the public, just yet..." He sighed and nodded. 

"I'll do whatever you want me to do." He leaned in and gave me a kiss on the forehead. The same tingles were there from the past 8 years. He smirked at me, and then went off to the bedroom. Why does he do this to me? I thought I'm over him... I am, right? So why am I feeling like this whenever he's near me? Whenever I can smell his beautiful scent? Whenever I see his sparkling eyes? Whenever I see his morning hair? Whenever  rear his raspy morning voice? Wait...what is wrong with me?

"Poppy?" I heard Olly shout. I turned around and saw him looking at me, with his phone stuck to his ear. "Pops...Poppy do you wanna go out for a bite to eat with the band?" 

I was about to accept and nod my head, but my stomach spoke for me. He laughed and turned around, talking to the person on the phone. 

I caught myself smiling as he laughed. What is wrong with me today?

I walked to the bedroom, getting changed into something reasonable. I decided on some skinny jeans and a t-shirt, with an oversized sweatshirt. I hope they don't mind that I'm not dressed up. I grabbed my vans and put them on. I looked over to Josh who was happily playing with his toys. I picked him up and gave him a cuddle. 

"I love you, Joshy." 

"I love you too, mumma." I kissed his cheek and put him down as he giggled. 

I heard a knock on my door, and then the same perfect, angelic voice spoke. "Poppy, you ready to go?" I grabbed Josh, along with my phone and purse and headed out of the spare bedroom door. I was greeted by Olly who was wearing some skinny...very skinny jeans, a grey t-shirt with a denim jacket. He looked...wow.

"Stop staring at me," He said, winking, "You don't look bad yourself." and with that, he turned around and headed to the door. Josh was excitedly jumping up and down on my hip, as he loved the band. I followed Olly to the car, praying that there were no paps. Oh man, I couldn't be more wrong. Olly looked to me with sympathetic eyes, mouthing "I'm so so sorry." 

Josh buried his face in my neck, while I kept a hand on his head and my head hanging low. Olly put a hand on my lower back, and guiding us to his car. 

"Olly! Over here! Is that your new lady?!"

"Who's the pretty girl?"

"Is the boy yours?!"

"Why don't we know who these people are? Tell us Olly!" 

We finally made it to the car, over the screaming paparazzi's. Olly shut the passenger door and jogged round to his side, putting his hands up in defense from the paps. He slammed the car door shut and put his head on the steering wheel, groaning. He strapped himself in as I strapped Josh in and myself. 

"Are you-"

"I'm sorry-"

We both started talking at the same time. "I'm so sorry, Poppy. I didn't realise they'd be right on my doorstep. I understand if you wanna move out and not go out with me in public ever-" I stop him but putting my finger on his lips.

"Olly...It's not your fault. Seriously. I think we just have to be a little bit more careful next time." Josh was screaming in the back. I was trying to soothe him when Olly was just staring at me. "Olly..it would be good if you could drive..." he shook his head and smiled.

He drove off and soon enough, we were at some building. "Where are we?" 

"Rupert's house. We thought it would be better than a restaurant, where we're always meeted by screaming fans." I nodded, getting out of the car and getting Josh. He had calmed down a bit, but still a bit teary. 

"It's okay baby, Mumma's here. We're safe now. Shall we go and see Daddy's friends?" He nodded and smiled, leaping out of my arms. "Be careful!" I shouted after him and he knocked on Rupert's door multiple times. 

"Josh!" Rupert said, lifting him up in his arms. They've only met him once but they love him already. I walked up to Rupert's house, with Olly following slightly behind. "Hey Poppy! Ols!" He said, engulfing us in one big hug. He let us go and I followed him into the house. "Welcome to the bachelor pad!" Rupert said, as he plonked himself on the couch. I giggled and sat down on the adjacent chair. 

The door opened and in came around 7 boys. I don't know half of them, but the one I definately know...Ryan. 

He smiled sheepishly as he spotted me. I looked down and smiled aswell. "Poppy..." He said, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I felt my cheeks rising in heat, not because he kissed me, but because he just kissed me infront of 10 people, including Olly. I looked over to Olly, who had anger in his eyes. He looks like he was going to kill someone. Oh god. 

"So, shall we order some food?" Someone said, as they could sense the awkwardness between us. 

"Nandos!" 

"McDonalds!"

"Pizza!"

"All three!" 

"Poppy, what do you want?" Olly asked me sweetly, smiling fakely that only I could see. 

"All three sounds perfect." I replied. Every head snapped up to me. 

"You found an amazing one here, Ols." Rupert said, looking to Olly who had a smug look on his face. 

"Oh I know." He replied, still looking smug. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, laughing. 

They called up the places, which gave me the perfect opportunity to speak to Olly. I nudged Olly, and he looked to me, smiling. The smile that makes me melt... "Can we talk?" I mouthed, he shrugged and nodded. We went into one of the bedrooms, and I quietly shut the door behind me. "Olly...what's wrong?" 

"Nothing." He bluntly said.

"Well you looked like you were going to kill Ryan," he flinched at his name, "and you don't seem very 'together'." 

"I'm fine." He said, bluntly again. I sighed. 

"Pointless." I mumbled to myself, just as Olly caught my arm. He spun me around so I was facing him, our faces just inches away from each other. I could feel him leaning in, I couldn't help myself, I felt myself leaning in too. I closed my eyes, and I felt his warm breathe on me. My breathing hitched as he chuckled lightly. 

"It's nice to know you feel the same." He whispered in my ear, leaving me standing there, goosebumps up my arms and shaken up. I nearly kissed him. I would have fallen back in his trap, No. This can't happen any more. Don't let him. I moved on remember? He left me... I keep reminding myself. But this small part in my brain keeps telling me that I'll never move on. Olly is the one. I shake my head, getting rid of my thoughts. I walk out of the bedroom, bumping into someone in the process. I look up and see Ryan. He chuckles, but helps me up. 

"Are you alright?" He said, pulling me up. I nodded. 

I don't know why I did it, but I just did. I kissed him. Guess what I felt? Nothing. Nothing like Olly's kisses. 

"Still up for that date?" I said, breaking apart from the kiss. He smiled and nodded. I kissed him on the cheek and went back to the living room. 

I'm not using him...I just need him to distract myself from Olly...