8 - flashbacks

"Poppy, do you have a spare t-shirt?" He asked me. I looked down in embarrassment.

"Don't judge me...but up in my wardrobe there's some of your old shirts." He laughed and went upstairs.

"You go, Joshy. Getting sick all day Daddy. High five." Josh giggled and high fived me.

"Where is Daddy?" Josh said.

"He's upstairs, let's go and check on him." I picked Josh up and carried him upstairs, knocking on my bedroom door.

He didn't reply. I opened the door and saw Olly looking down on a box. Oh shit. I put Josh on the floor and he played with some of his toys.

"Poppy, what's this?" He said, pointing to the box labeled 'Olly's stuff'.

"Erm...well it's everything you've ever given me." I said, as his head snapped up to meet my eyes.

"Why?"

I shrugged. "I just couldn't get to of it." I picked up the rose which was laying on top. "This was from our first date."

-FLASHBACK-

"Mum! Does this look okay?" I said, running down the stairs, and into the front room. I was wearing a dress, which was white and black, just above the knee.

"Darling, you look lovely. But are you sure you should be doing this? He is twenty years old...he probably only wants sex."

"Mum!" I shouted at her, running back upstairs. I put on my black heels, a blazer and I grabbed my clutch bag.

7:02pm. And he's still not here. Maybe he was only joking about going out. Maybe mum was right, maybe he does only want-

My thoughts were interrupted by the door bell ringing. Oh my god. He's here. This is it. I straightened myself up and walked to the door, but someone beat me to it - Mum. Oh shit.

"Hi, I'm Poppy's mum, Mrs Dawson."

"Oh my god, Mum." I said, dragging her away. "Can you just be normal for one minute?!" She laughed and kissed my forehead.

"Want to take a seat, Olly?" He nodded and sat down next to me.

"Hey, you look beautiful." He whispered to me so only I could hear. I could feel heat rushing to my cheeks.

"Not too bad yourself." He grabbed my hand and drew circles with his thumb.

Dad was much more lenient with this than mum. Obviously he wasn't happy that his 16 year old daughter would be going on a date with a 20 year old, but he could see the chemistry between us the night we met.

"Ready?" Olly said, standing up. I nodded and we tangled our fingers together. "I'll have her home before, 10 shall we say?" Mum nodded.

"You two have a good night. See you later." She kissed my forehead and we quickly darted out the door.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Olly said, getting something out from the pocket inside his jacket, "I got this for you." he pulled out a single rose. Just one. He handed it to me, and I smelt it.

"I love it, thanks Olly."

-END OF FLASHBACK-

I picked up another item - a concert ticket. "Remember this?" He said, running his fingers over it. I slowly nodded.

-FLASHBACK-

Olly and I had been together for a year, today.

"Here ya go, babe." He said, handing me an envelope. I slowly opened it and gasped.

"You didn't.." He nodded, grinning. "Oh my gosh, Olly!" I said, literally leaping on him, giving him the biggest hug. "Coldplay concert?!" He nodded again and pecked my cheeks.

"Do you like it?" He said, while chuckling.

"Of course I do, you numpty. I thought we said nothing too expensive! Oh Olly, I love you, you know that?"

"I love you, too. Forever and always."

-END OF FLASHBACK-

"Haha, remember this?" He said, holding up a pair of granny pants.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe you bought me them!"

"Well...We had just been going out for 2 months and it was your birthday...we hadn't slept with eachother until that night! How was I meant to know what sort of underwear you wore?!" He said, laughing in the process.

"Alright, alright. Still can't believe you got me them." I said, chuckling with Olly.

I suddenly noticed how close Olly and I were. This isn't good. I backed away, putting the box back into my wardrobe.

"M-mum will be back soon. And...you have to go." I said, closing the wardrobe door from all our memories.

"It doesn't have to be like this, Poppy." He said, grabbing my hand gently.

"Yes. Yes it does. Please, can you just leave?"

He slowly nodded, "bye Josh." he said, kissing his son on the cheek.

He closed the door and then I heard the front door slam. "Right, Josh. Time for a nap. We need to get you feeling better."

----