10 - date?

"N-nice to meet you, Ryan." I said politely.

"You're beautiful." He suddenly put his hand over his mouth and turned a shade of red. "I'm sorry.."

I laughed. "It's fine. Thank you though." He shyly smiled. "So are you part of Olly's band?"

He shook his head, "no, i'm just one of his good friends."

I nodded, taking in all the information.

"Mumma! Mumma!" I heard Joshua say. I looked round and saw him with the One Direction lot.

He grabbed onto my leg and hid his face from them. I picked him up and looked at him.

"What did they do, bubba?"

"Dey were tickling me!"

"What, like this?" I said, tickling his stomach. He giggled uncontrollably. I stopped tickling him and put him down.

"Hi, I'm Poppy." I said to the One Direction lads. I stuck out my hand but none of them took it.

"I'm Louis!" He said, giving me a hug.

"Zayn."

"Harry."

"Niall."

"Liam."

They all hugged me and went back to their original position.

"So, what's a beautiful girl like you doing here all alone?" Harry, I think, said. I blushed a bit.

"Haz, she's Olly's. Stop!" Louis said.

I shook my head. "No, no, no, no I'm not. I was actually talking to," I looked to my right to find no Ryan. Where was he? "To no one..."

I swung my head around in search for Ryan, but my eyes settled upon something else.

Olly.

He was staring at me, intently. As if he was observing my every move. I locked eye contact with him, and his eyes softened. He gave me a little smile, but that was it.

I broke the eye-contact and turned back to the One Direction boys. "I better go and find Joshua..."

"That's your little boy? The one with all the amazing dance moves?" I raised my eyebrow as Liam talked. He understood that i didn't understand what he was talking about, so he grabbed my arm gently and led me inside. "Look at him."

Inside there was a circle with a number of different people, everyone clapping and laughing at the boy in the middle.

My little boy.

He was dancing to Olly's music that Rupert had playing. He giggled and saw me.

"Mumma!" He said, throwing his arms in the air. I went into the middle of the circle and lifted him up. "Dance mumma!" He shouted over the music. I shook my head.

He pouted and started wiggling his hips in my arms. I laughed and started dancing with him. It wasn't awkward at all. Of course I've danced with Josh in the past, but it's just been us two. Even with the people around us, it felt completely normal. Until I, again, locked eyes with Olly. He was sipping his beer while smirking at us. He looked, so attractive.

Wait, what?

No, Poppy. You hate him, remember? He abandoned you. He left you when you were pregnant with his child. Not that he knew... he didn't even text. Nor visit. Remember, you hate me.

I stopped dancing and walked out of the circle.

"Thanks for a lovely day, Rupert. But I've got to go."

"It's been lovely having you, see you soon." I smiled and walked out the front door with Josh in my arms.

How am I supposed to get home? Jon bought me in his car...I suppose I could get Jake...but I couldn't see his car anywhere.

"Need a lift?" Someone said, coming towards me. I turned around and saw Ryan.

I nodded. "Please?"

I kissed his cheek and got Josh in the car. I turned around to get into the passenger seat to see Olly waiting by the door looking, hurt? Jealous?

He shook his head and turned around, slamming the door behind him.

I immediately felt bad, but I don't know why? It's not like we're together.

Ryan closed the door for me and hopped round to the drivers seat.

"Mumma, where we going?" Josh asked.

"We're going home, bubba." He clapped and stereo playing with one of his toys.

"He's a cutie." Ryan said, starting to drive.

I nodded in agreement.

He coughed and opened his mouth to talk, but nothing came out. He opened it again, and then shut it. He shook his head and opened his mouth.

"Do you want to, grab...coffee one day?"

I smiled. "I'd love to."

He passed me his phone, "can you put your number in here, and I'll text you later about it?" I smiled and took his phone from his hands.

I typed in my number and I put it back into the compartment. "Thanks." He said, turning a corner.

Through the whole journey we talked about our likes, dislikes, hobbies...just getting to know each other, really.

"Thank you." I shyly said as he held the door open for me.

"No problem."

I opened the passenger seat door and picked up a sleeping Josh. "He's out for the count." I said, laughing.

"I'll text you later." He said, closing the door.

I nodded. "Thank you for the lift." I kissed his cheek and I could feel heat rising to his cheeks.

"Bye." He said, jogging round to the side of the car and driving off.

I went inside and the house was empty. I put Josh in his bed and went downstairs, pouring myself a glass of red wine.

"Well deserved, Poppy." I muttered to myself.

My alone time was shortly interrupted by someone knocking hard on the front door.

"Cannot catch a break." I put the glass on the coffee table and got up to open the door.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" The man on the other side of the door shouted at me. "How could you just flirt with Ryan right in front of my eyes! You know how I feel about you! I'm finding it so hard not to just kiss you right now! But now that you've gone off with my best friend, do you really not feel anything for me?!" Olly's face was getting red as he continued to shout at me.

I don't know why, but I just broke down. Crying right in front of Olly. Great. Olly's face softened and he leapt straight away, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm sorry...I...I don't know what came over me. It was, just...too much to see you with another man."

I walked away from his grip.

"You chose to leave me. Nobody forced you to leave me. You could have come back after X-Factor. But you didn't. You were still fucking every girl you could get your hands on and forgetting about me, dating other girls. Do you not think that was hard for me? To see you in every magazine, every news story, every website, with a new girl on your arm every week. How do you expect me to feel?"

He was speechless. He literally was speechless. I shoved him out of the door, slamming it in his face. I put my back against the door and slid down it, burying my face in my hands, crying.