54 - the one

Olly sang a couple of songs, talking to the crowd every now and again.

"Daddy!" Josh shouted when the whole crowd was quiet. Everybody looked over to him, smiling and aw'ing. He giggled quietly, burying his head in my neck, getting shy.

"Hi Joshy!" Olly shouted back. Josh turned back around, waving to Olly who was waving back to Josh.

"Okay, this is the final song now. It's called 'The One'. Some of you might not know this one, but if you do, sing along." He looked to me and winked at me. He knew this was one of my favourites.

"You tried to walk, tried to run.

Tried to fool, everyone.

To imply that you were fine, it's pitiful.

So I gave chase but you were too fast.

Trying to loose track of your past.

Too far gone to notice my hands.

Walking on broken glass.

The reasons why, you survived, was a miracle.

So I made a call to your front door, telling you I'm never gonna go far.

And under us, the river subside for you.

Whenever you cry, look above, the angels will fly for you.

Cause you're the one.

Call on me, for all of the dark you fear.

And I am here.

We'll start anew, if all you do comes undone.

Cause you're the one.

I'm no god, I am just a man.

All I have is these two hands.

I took on the world when you ran.

I am fire, water and land.

With you in mind, I moved space and time, to heal you.

So I sent a letter to your front door, telling you everything I've said before."

I found myself singing along, our eyes making contact every now and again. I wouldn't have thought he would sing this one. It's from his album on the deluxe version. He never usually does that. I turned around and saw Sarah looking at me in awe.

"He didn't tell me he was singing this! He was meant to do the songs that he did and then leave."

I gasped, gazing up at my fiance.

"Yes I know, 'cause you're the one." He finished, pointing to me. I blushed like a school girl who's crush had just spoken to her.

"Thank you everyone so much for coming! I hope you enjoyed it! See you soon." He blew kisses to the audience and disappeared out the back.

"You can go round there," Sarah said, pointing to the door, "he'll most likely be waiting for you."

I nodded, putting Josh down, opening the door. We saw Olly and just like Sarah said, he was waiting.

"Daddy!" Josh screamed, running up to him. Olly smiled, picking him up and giving him a cuddle.

"Hey you." He said, holding his other arm out to me. I walked up and he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in.

"No offence, but you stink." I winked at him.

"How about we go home and take a shower then?" He winked back, patting my bum.