23 - the date

"Ready?" Olly shouted from the living room.

"One sec!" I shouted back, applying one more layer on mascara. I looked at the mirror at me.

I was wearing a plain white lace skater dress, with a leather jacket over the top, along with my wedges. I put my heart necklace on, as well as my watch and diamond earrings.

"Am I too dressed up?" I asked Olly, as I came out of the room. He looked up at me and his face...was unrecognisable.

"Everytime you come out of that bloody door, I'm always speechless. Bloody hell, Poppy." He said, smiling. I blushed and looked down. "You look perfect, let's go."

He picked up Josh, who was wearing a top which had a tie on it. "Why...why is Josh dressed up?" I asked, chuckling.

He thought for a bit. "Let's just say, the restaurant where we're going, is quite posh."

Olly opened the door, greeted by cameras and flashes.

"Olly! Poppy! Where are you going?"

"Say cheese!"

"Smile for the camera!"

"You look stunning, Miss Dawson!" I smiled at him, hopping into the car.

Olly shifted himself into the car, after strapping Josh into his carseat. Olly looked beautiful. He was wearing a white shirt with a blue blazer over the top and black skinny jeans with some dress shoes.

As Olly pulled out of the driveway, I started thinking. Why am I here? Why did I agree to this? I am in a 'relationship' with the man that I hated for three years? With the man who left me whilst I was pregnant with his son? What am I doing? I hated him so much, and now? I can't. I physically can't hate him, being so near to him all the time. It's like I need him. I need him to function. It took me about nine months to get over him, but when my little bundle of joy came, Olly didn't matter. I hardly ever thought of him. Maybe because I was kept up all night with Josh, and hardly got any sleep.

Now I think of Josh. He always used to ask me where's his Daddy, or if his Daddy would be coming back. And now he has one. Josh has a Dad, and Olly has a son. I remember Olly telling me he wanted to start a family. He always wanted to get married, have a son or a daughter, live in a big house with a massive garden with a dog. A quiet street, where he could teach his children how to ride bikes and play football.

Olly has it all now.

"Pops?" I averted my head to Olly where he was looking at me. "You alright?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah..yeah, just thinking that's all."

"About what?" He asked, stopping at the red lights.

"Nothing important." I replied, looking out of the window.

"Josh smells!"

"No, Daddy smells!"

"I think Josh smells more!"

"Daddy no! Daddy smells!"

I laughed at the Ping pong action that was happening.

"We're hereeeeee!" Olly sang, driving into a parking spot. "Right. We're in public. There will be paparazzi. We need to act loved up." He winked at me and I sighed.

We got out of the car, me going to get Josh. We got his reins and put them on him so he wouldn't run off.

"Let's go," he said, taking my hand as he intertwined my fingers with his. His touch gave me butterflies, electric shocks running through me.

---

The date is going pretty well. Paparazzi have gone as all we're doing is sitting on the beach eating ice cream while Josh chases the seagulls.

I rested my head on Olly's shoulder, and he pulled me into him. I felt so safe around him. His grip around me welcomed me and was always so warm.

"Mumma! Birdy pooed on me!" Josh said, with a big stain of bird shit on his top. He started to cry as Olly grabbed a tissue from his pocket and started wiping it off him.

Most of it had gone, but he was still in tears. "Did you know, it's meant to be good luck when a bird poos on you."

"I don't need no good luck Mumma, Mumma and Dadda here." He said, running off to chase the birds again.

I turned my head to see Olly smirking at me. I shoved his chest, and went to get Josh.

"Reservations at 7, Poppy." Olly said, standing up and brushing himself off. I stuck up my thumb, picking up Josh and walking to the car.

"Love you, bubba." I said to Josh, giving him a kiss.

"Lub you too, mumma."

---

We arrived at the restaurant and everything was über posh. "Olly...this is..."

"I didn't realise it was this posh..." He said, putting the emphasis on 'this'.

"Good evening. My name is Georgia and I will be your waitress this evening. Can I get you any drinks?" The pretty blonde lady said. She was totally eyeing up Olly.

"I'll have a white wine, do you want a fruit shoot bubba?" Josh nodded. "And a black current fruit shoot please." She nodded, writing them down.

"And for you, Sir?" She said, smirking and winking at him.

"I'll have a coke, please." He said, not even bothering to look up at her. She nodded, walking away with the orders.

"She was totally eyeing you up." I said.

"Is someone jealous?"

"No. No why would I be?" I replied.

He chuckled and shook his head. Georgia came back and put my wine down, splattering it on my dress. My white dress.

"You little-" I muttered, staring down at my dress.

"Oops." She said, carefully putting down Olly's coke. "Can I get your meals?"

I told her Josh and my meals. "A hamburger with extra chips." Olly said, winking at me. I giggled. Exactly what he ordered when he first met me.

"A man who can eat. My type of man." She said, winking at Olly.

Why is this bothering me so much? He's single. Sort of. He can flirt with whoever he wants. Why the hell is it bothering me so much? "I'm...I'm just gonna go to the bathroom quickly." I muttered, entering the ladies. I grabbed a paper towel, wetting it slightly and dabbing it on my dress. Then she walked in. 'Georgia'.

"I'm terribly sorry about that. I don't know what got into me." She said, reapplying her lipstick with a smug look on her face. I wasn't in the mood for a bitchy fight.

"It's okay. These things happen." Her smile dropped as she glared at me.

"That man you're with, Olly Murs, is he single?" She asked, pouting her lips in the mirror.

"No...he's with me. And we have a son. So stop flirting with him because he's not interested in a slut like you." I said, putting the paper towel in the bin.

"Why would he be interested in you? You're disgusting. You're not pretty. You're not skinny. You're nothing." She spat, her words stabbing me like daggers.

"She's perfect. She's beautiful. She means the world to me. I love the way she smiles. I love the way she sticks her tongue out when she's thinking. I love the way she get angry when her fringe falls in her face. I love the way she laughs at the children's programmes on TV. I could go on and on, but most of all, I love her more than anything in the world." Olly said, carrying Josh, walking over to me. I nuzzled into his neck and he cuddled me. "We're leaving." He said, wrapping an arm around my waist and exiting the ladies.

"Olly...I-" I couldn't say any more. "Thank you." I muttered, as I leaned into him.

---

Go on my instagram (@ollymursyo) and there's some pictures on there! follow me and I'll follow you back x