Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

Can we trust him? I said. I think we can... they look defenseless... she said. Okay... I said. The boy walk towards us and gently hold 011's hand, while the other holds mine. He starts pulling us along with him to who knows where. I can only hope that 011 and I don't have to hurt these people.

-Living In A Basement-

009 P.O.V

My sister and I are sitting on a couch in a... I think they call it a basement. We don't have that back in the facility. So I don't know what this room is.

We're just sitting in silence, while the 3 boys are standing in front of us. They have that curious and confused looks in their eyes. Probably wondering why we are out there in the middle of a storm.

Why are they staring at us like that? I hear my lil sister talked telepathically. I'm not sure... they're curious... I think... I said. I turn my head to see a boy with darker skin tone reaches out to me.

The boy with curly hair smacks his hand. "Stop it! You'll freak them out!" He scold him. He turns to look at us and smile softly. Then he walks towards what seems to be a basket.

He walks back to us, holding something in his hand. "Here... they're clean, alright?" He said. 011 and I look at each other. I gesture her to go ahead and take it. She stands up and reach down to lift her shirt.

"Woah! Woah! Woah!!" The boy with curly hair said, holding 011 hands to stop her. While the two others turns around facing the other way. I look at them in confusion.

He just gulps and points somewhere in the room. "Y-You guys can go a-and c-change there, a-alright?" He said. He hands me the clothes too. 011 and I head to the room he points.

He was about to close the door when 011 stops him. He looks at her in confusion. "What? You... don't want me to close it?" He said. We shake our heads. "Alright... maybe I could just... leave a gap..." he said, pulling the door until it's slightly open. "That's better?" He said. We nod our heads. He smiles and move away from the door.

011 and I change our clothes into the dry ones. We walk out of the room to see the boys sitting there. I keep my sister behind me, in case they're going to do something.

The two other boys leave the basement, leaving the curly haired one behind with the two of us. I just watch him as he sets up, leaving a small room under a table.

"You girls can sleep here..." he said. 011 and I just walk forward and crawl in. He smiles and kneels down in front of us. "I realize we haven't shared our names... I'm Mike... short for Michael... what are your names?" He said. 011 roll up her sleeve to reveal a tattoo.

"Wow... it's that real?" He said, reaching out. But my sister instantly pulls back, turning to look at him. He flinch at her sudden movement. "Sorry... I just never see a girl with tattoo before..." he said. We just stare at him.

"So... you haven't answered my question. What are your names?" He said again. My sister points at her arm, where her tattoo is placed. Then she points at herself.

His eyes widened in realization. "That's your name?" He said, earning a nod from my sister in return. He nods his head and turn to look at me. "What about you?" He said. I bit my lips, not knowing what to say.

"D-Do you h-have tattoo too?" He said. I just nod my head and roll up my sleeve, revealing number 009. "So... your name is number 009?" He said. I just nod my head.

"Okay... I can just call you El... short for Eleven. Is that okay?" He said. My sister just nod slowly. He turns to look at me. "And I can call you-" he start, but I cut him off. "Y/N... just call me Y/N" I said, in a low tone.

He looks surprise by my sudden voice, but nods his head. "Well then... goodnight El... and Y/N..." he said, smiling at us. "Goodnight, Mike..." we said together. He covers us with the sheet of fabric. Then I can hear his footsteps moving away.

My sister turns to look at me. Why did you ask him to call you that? She said. I don't wanna remember that I came from a lab... I said. She just let out a sigh and nod her head in understanding. She wraps her arm around my shoulder. I wrap my arms around her as well.

We move to lay down. We smile at each other and close our eyes. I hope they won't find us. They won't let us go that easily... especially me. According to them... I'm one of the perfect creation. So I'm sure they'll stop at nothing to try and get me back. But I refuse to go back. No way... I want my freedom.

I open my eyes after a while as sleep didn't seem to come to me. Probably because I'm still scared of what might come. As strong as I can be with these abilities... I still feel deep anxiety every once in a while. Especially if it comes to something I can't control.

After a while of blinking in a dark room. I can make out my sister form as she seems to have no trouble in sleeping.

It feels like hours have passed when I finally feel sleepy as my eyes start fluttering close. I take a deep breath in and out, trying my best to relax... to give myself a reassurance that we're safe and those people won't find us here. It seems to be working, until eventually, I feel myself drifting off to sleep.

*to be continued*