Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

He smiles softly and nods his head. "Very well... I'll get everything settle for the two of you..." he said. I smile and bow my head in gratitude. He smiles one last time and turn to leave, telling us we need to rest some more before settling in.

I wonder what our life here would be...

-Getting Settle In-

Y/N P.O.V

We just lay in our bed in the hospital wings. I move to sit up when I hear footsteps coming here. I lean my back against the headboard as the person enters the room.

"Good morning, Professor..." I said. "Good-morning, dear ones... do you rest well?" he said, smiling at me. I smile at him and nod my head. "That's good... well then... come with me. We'll get you sorted into your houses..." he said. "Wait... houses? There's houses in school?" I said, looking at him in confusion. "Well... yes... by houses I mean like boarding house. I believe that's what your world calls it..." he said. I nod my head in understanding.

"Oh... I see. Okay..." I said, nodding my head. "I'm going to leave you girls to get ready... you can put these robes on. It is essential here in Hogwarts..." he said. Then a woman walks behind him, placing two piece of robes on the bed.

"I'll be waiting for you girls outside..." he said. I just nod my head. I get up and bow at him as a sign of gratitude. He smiles and pat my head. Then he turns around and leave the room.

I turn to look at my sister, to see her still sitting on the bed. Come on, sis... get up. We need to get ready and we don't want to make Professor Dumbledore wait I said. She lets out a sigh and stands up. Then we start changing into the robe.

After we're done. I gently grab El's hand and the two of us walks out of the hospital wings. Just like what he said, he's waiting for us just outside the room.

He turns to look at us and smile. "You two look good in that robe..." he said. "Thanks, Professor..." I said, smiling at him. "Now... come with me..." he said. He turns around and we walk close behind him.

He leads us to what seem to be a dining room. There are 4 tables in total. I think each table is what their house are... and everyone is sitting depending on where they're sorted to.

I feel nervous growing within me, when the students turns their heads to look at El and I. I can feel El's hand tightening in my hand.

It's going to be okay... we're new here. They're just curious about us. Relax, El... I said, trying to calm her. Okay... if you say so... she said. I smile at her and she smiles back.

"Attention everyone..." Professor Dumbledore said. The students stops talking and the remaining of them turns their heads to look at us. Professor place his hands on our shoulders.

"These two girls right here... are a new additions to our school. They however... are a little bit different. They're not witches like the lot of you. But... we'll make a little exception as they don't have a place to go..." he said. I can hear murmuring coming from them. This makes me bit my lips in nervousness in attempt to calm down. I look down in order to avoid making eye contact with any of them.

"They will be just sorted into one of the houses. But they won't be attending classes. Instead... they will be helping around in Hogwarts to keep it in check. So I expect you to not treat them any different... but treat them as if they're one of you... which means I expect no one would cause trouble with these two. Are we clear?" he continued. "Yes Professor!!" They said simultaneously.

"Very well... now... which one is Y/N? I still can't tell the two of you apart..." he said. I raise my hand. He gestures me to sit on a stool. Then a woman walks up to us holding a hat.

"This is a sorting hat. It will decide which one of the four houses you will be place into" she said. 'A hat? What? How?' I thought to myself. But I chose to keep silent as I don't want to offend any of them.

She place the hat on top of my head. I jump when it suddenly moves. I can hear laughters coming from the other students in the room. I can feel my cheeks burning and I'm pretty sure it's as red as tomatoes. God... that's embarrassing.

"Ah... this one is a little bit different. You're quite unique, if I may say. Hmm... such a hard past... I feel so sorry for you. Okay let's get into the sorting part, shall we?" It said. I just nod my head, still a little shock because this sorting hat actually talks.

"Hmmm... you have a very pure heart. Ahh... you have a twin sister. You're gentle and brave... oh... you can be cunning too. Very interesting. Hmm... where should I place you..." it said, pausing a little. There's a few moment of silence.

"Gryffindor!" It yelled, making me jump again. Then a table starts clapping. I'm guessing that's Gryffindor house. The woman take the hat from my head. She gesture me to walk towards the table. I stand up and was about to walk, when a hand grab mine.

I turn my head to look at my sister. She have a tight grip on my hand, a sign that she's scared. What's the matter? I said. I'm scared, Y/N... what if the two of us get sorted into different houses? I don't wanna be separated from you... She said. I frown when I see a tear streams down her cheek. I reach out and place my hand on her cheek, wiping it softly. It's going to be okay... you don't have to worry... okay? I said. Promise? She said, still hesitant. I promise... I said, smiling at her.

She nods her head and slowly let my hand go. I can tell she's still a bit reluctant to let me go. I gently pat her head, smiling one more time. Then I turn around and walks towards the table.

I sit down next to a brunette girl. She smiles when she looks at me. "Hello... my name is Hermione Granger... it's a pleasure to meet you..." she said. I smile and place my hand on top of her. "Y/N..." I said. She looks at me in confusion. "Just Y/N? You don't have a surname?" She said. I just shake my head. She looks confused, but nod her head without questioning me any further. I smile at her and turn my head to look at my sister.

The woman just place the hat on her head. "Hmm... so you're the twin... the two of you are the same. You both have such a hard past. I hope things went better for the two of you from now on... now... let's get you sorted... hmm..." it paused. I hold my breath. I don't want to get separated from her as well. But I have to be strong for her.

"Gryffindor!!" The hat yelled. A grin makes its way to her face. The woman takes the hat from her head and she instantly jumps down and run towards me. I grin as well and stand up. She just throws her arms around me, making me stumble a little. I giggle and pat her back.

We're in the same house! She said, happily. I know! I'm so glad! I said. She smiles brightly at me and I smile softly at her. We hug each other one more time and sit down, with her sitting next to me.

Hermione introduce herself to my sister. But she just stare. Hermione looks at me in confusion. "Ah... s-s-sorry about that, Hermione... my sister here is not very fond with new people. But she'll warm up soon. Don't worry..." I said. "I see... it's alright then... I just thought that she might not like me..." she said. She looks a little awkward.

I smile reassuringly. "No... I'm sure she will like you. She just needed some times to get used to the new surroundings. You seem like a friendly girl too... so, don't worry..." I said. She smiles at me and nod her head.

I turn to my sister and smile at her. Just relax... I'll keep you safe... I said. She smiles at me and nod her head. I smile back at her. Then we start eating from the lots of food in front of us.

"How did these food comes out of no where?" I said, turning to Hermione. "Magic of course... that's what this school is all about" she said, grinning cheekily at me. I just hum softly in respond. What an interesting start...

*to be continued*