Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

By the end of it, he have a serious expression on his face as he process the information I gave him. He runs to Hermione and smile at her. "Do you mind giving us privacy? I need to ask her some questions" he said. Hermione bows and turns around to leave, leaving me, my sister and Professor Dumbledore. He looks at me with a serious expression. "Now... tell me, my dear... what are you?" He said. I knew he's going to ask this question at some point. I guess it's now or never. I take a deep breath...

Then...

-Our Past-

Y/N P.O.V

"Now... tell me, my dear... what are you?" Professor Dumbledore asked me. I turn my head to look at my sister to see her looking at me.

Do we have to tell him? She said. We have to... if we want him to trust us I said. Okay... you tell him then she said. Figured... I said. She just smiles at me. I let out a sigh and turn my head to look at the Professor.

"We're not normal kids... we uhh..." I paused for a moment. I bit my lips as I recall what happened to me and my sister in the past. I blink back the tears at the painful memories.

"We're a part of an experiment, Professor..." I start. "Experiment?" He said, looking at me in confusion. "Yes, Professor... we're developed in a project...A project called MKUltra. They exposed children like us... or embryo in me and my sister's case..." I said, turning to look at my sister. She gently holds my hand as she know how hard it is for me to talk about our past.

I take a deep breath and continue. "They exposed us to a lot of things... and they don't care whether what they did would hurt us or not. Some children even lost their life in the process. They keep exposing us with all sort of things. As a result, we possess these abilities... even after our birth... they took us away from our mother and they continue to do all kinds of experiments on us... to test our limits... and force us to keep going despite being weak..." I said. Professor looks at me in disbelief.

"How cruel those people are. But why would they do such a thing to children?" He said. "They've been obsessed with trying to open a gate, sir... a gate to where these monsters came from. The monster that's known by the name Demogorgons in our world. They... however, changes form when entering this magic world. They became the Dementors..." I said. He just hums in respond to my explanations.

"So that's why the sorting hat said you two have a hard past... I never expected it to be something like this. You two had in even worse then our boy Harry" he said. "Harry? What happened to Harry?" I said. He sighs and gently run his hand through his beard.

"The boy lost both of his parents when he was still a baby. He's also known as The Boy Who Lived as he survived the killing curse by He Who Shall Not Be Named..." he said. I just stare at him in confusion. But he just smiles softly at me.

"Thank you for your explanation, my dear... you may leave..." he said. "We can stay?" I said. "Of course... why? Do you think I'm going to kick you two out of here?" He said. "Um..." I said, looking down without knowing what to answer.

"You're always welcome here... make yourselves at home..." he said, looking at the two of us with a warm smile. I bow at him in respect and gratitude.

"Thank you, Professor... really... thank you so much" I said. "No... thank you... for trusting me and tell me what happened in your past. I can see how much you struggled to explain... it must have been worse back then... yet you trust me enough to recall the event to tell me..." he said, smiling at me. I just smile at him. I feel a hand on my cheek and turn my head to look at the owner of the hand.

My sister smiles softly at me and wipe away the tears gently. I don't even realize I was crying. I just smile at her and pulls her into a hug, because I needed her comfort.

Are you okay? She said, hugging me back. I am... it is just hard to recall what happened to us... I said. I know how you feel, sis... you had it harder than me she said.

The Professor told us we can get going. We bow at him, then we turn around to leave the room. El holds my hand as always as we walk out of the room.

Harry, Ron and Hermione is still waiting for us. We walk slowly towards them. Hermione is the first one to notice us. She tap the boys shoulder and points at us. The two boys turns their heads to us. Then they all stand up and scurried over to us.

"What happened in there?" Hermione asked. "Yeah! What happened?" Ron said. "You look like you have been crying..." Harry said. I just smile at their caring selves. "Thanks for worrying... but it's confidential. I can't tell you. I'm sorry..." I said, looking at the three of them apologetically. They just hum and not their heads without pressing me any further.

"Very well then... come on... let's head back to the house... it's starting to get pretty late..." Harry said. Ron whined "but we haven't had dinners yet!" He said. Hermione just rolls her eyes. I let out a soft giggle at them.

In the end, we went to the dining hall for a quick meal. After the meal, I can tell Ron is still hungry. But he looks more content as he can fill his stomach a little.

After dinner, we make our way to Gryffindor house. El and I walk in silence, hand in hand. While our three friends keeps talking about anything.

After a while of walking, we finally reach the house. The trio turns to look at me. "Uhh... Caput Draconis" I said. The fat lady smiles at me and opens the door. I grin at the three and we enter the house.

We reach the common room. I bid goodnight to the trio. They said goodnight to me. I smile softly at the three of them. Then my sister and I make our way to our room.

I head straight to my bed and let myself drop on top of it. I let out a content sigh at the softness of the mattress.

"You have to change your clothes, Y/N... you can't sleep in your robe..." my sister said, just as I was about to fall asleep. I let out a groan and groggily get up. I walk over to the trunk and open it. I grab my sleeping attire and get change.

"Okay?" I said. "Okay!" She said, gleefully already in her sleeping attire. I just shake my head, while I let out a soft giggle. I lay on the bed again and cover myself with blanket. I turn to my side and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*