Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

The way they stare at each other. Mike looks like he cares for us. But he's making it obvious that he cares for my sister more. By all the attention he's giving the two of us, well... mostly towards El. Then the way my sister respond to his kindness gave it away so...

I think my little sister is falling in love~

-Going To School-

Y/N P.O.V

My sister and I will going to school with Mike. To be honest, I'm very nervous about this. We've lived in the Hawkins Lab for all our lives.

Speaking of Hawkins Lab... my sister and I agreed to be the witness. So now the Lab had been shut down. I can't be more happy about that, knowing that my sister and I are finally free.

Mike introduced us to his family. He's a middle child of three. Nancy Wheeler as the oldest... then him... and Holly Wheeler as the youngest. Karen Wheeler as his mother... and Ted Wheeler as his father. I kind of feel envious towards him. He have a complete family. Unlike me and El... we have no one but each other.

His mother is very welcoming towards us. She gave us clothes and help us get ready for our first day to school.

I'm sitting in front of the dressing table in silence as Mike's mom brush my hair softly. My sister is sitting next to me. She's holding my hand in her.

It's a habit since we were toddlers. We always hold each other's hands each time we feel anxious about something. It's a our way to show that... no matter what happened... good or bad... we will always have each other's back.

Are you nervous, Y/N? I hear my sister asked me through telepathy. I glance at her. I'm very nervous sis... are you? I said. She nods her head to let me know that she's also nervous. But we can't deny that we're excited to start a new life. A normal one... well... hopefully.

Time-skip

Mike's mom decided to drop us to school along with Mike and his siblings. We sit in the back seat, still holding each other's hand. Like I said... it's a habit.

I wonder what school is like... I said. Me too... I hope it's nothing like what they taught us... she said. Uh huh... I don't ever wanna remember where we came from... I said. Yeah... me neither... she said. I turn to look at her and smile. She smiles back at me. Then I just turn my head to look out the window, watching the buildings pass by.

After a while, the car finally stops. My sister and I look out the window to see a huge building.

I'm guessing this is what school is

I'm guessing this is what school is. There's also a lot of people around. I feel my sister's hand tightening, a sign that she's very nervous and worried. I turn to her and smile, patting her hand with my free hand. She relaxes and smiles at me.

Mike turns to look at the two of us. "Are you girls ready to go now?" He said. We just nod our heads. Over the time, Mike helps us improve our speech. But most of the time... we would just respond with a small gestures. It's going to take a while for us to get use to this new life.

We get out of the car and follow Mike as he leads the way. He turns to look at us. "We don't really have a class today... they invited someone to give us some kind of motivational speech... so we're going to the gymnasium now..." he said. We just look at each other, not really getting what he's telling us.

"It'll be alright... trust me" he said, smiling. We just nod our heads. He smiles and continue to lead us to this room called gymnasium.

When we get there, Mike leads us to the seats. El sit next to him, while I sit next to her. Soon someone walks up a little podium and starts talking. I just stay silent as I listen.

I can hear murmuring. I turn my head to look at the direction to see a boy. He's making a face, mocking the man that's giving us a speech. My sister turns to look at me, then towards the boy. Mike doing the same.

"Who's that?" I said. Mike turns to look at me. "No one important... he's just being an asshole like he always are..." he said. I just hum and look forward again. For some reason... that boy's action annoys me.

***

Soon the speech is over. We get up from our seats. I can see Mike walking towards the boy from earlier.

He's going to get in trouble... I said. Yeah... we have to help him... my sister said. I turn to look at her and nod my head in agreement. I look forward and watch as Mike push the boy, sending him stumbling to the ground.

The other students stops walking and turn to them. The boy gets up and glare at Mike. "You'll pay for that!" He said, looking at Mike in anger. He lunges towards Mike and stop mid way. He looks scared, and soon a wet substance flow down his thigh.

"Look... Troy piss himself!" A boy exclaimed while he points at Troy, the other students starts to laugh as they point a finger at Troy. Troy looks embarrassed by this and looks down.

I turn to my sister to see a droplet of blood flowing out her nose. Mike turns to look at her and she gives him a small smile. She wipe her nose and walks away, not forgetting to grab my hand. I just walk with her.

Mike catch up with us. "Thanks for saving me back there, El... I owe you one..." he said, smiling at El. "You're welcome, Mike..." she said, smiling back at Mike. They stare at each other for a while, seemingly lost in each other's eyes.

I clear my throat making them snap out of it and turn to look at me. I smirk at them. "Seems like someone is in love with my sister~" I said. I don't really know what love is. I just know it's some kind of feelings we felt towards our opposite genders.

My sister looks at me in confusion. What is love? She said. Uhhh... I don't know how to explain... I just know it's an emotion we felt... I said. I can hear her humming in my head. Since that's all we have for today... we head back home. Mike's mom is already waiting for us by the... parking lot? Is that what they called it? Well... whatever.

*to be continued*