Chapter 42

Previously on Chapter 41

I bit my lips as I try to fight the tears as I remember what happened a few days ago. The look of confuse in her eyes as she looks at me... the look someone will give to a complete stranger. I remember the pain and fear I felt when that happened. It was easily the scariest moment I've ever been through. I don't what would I do if Y/N didn't recognize me.

-Holding Back-

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up and realize I'm in my room in Gryffindor house. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion. 'How did I end up here?' I thought to myself as I look around the place.

The door to my room opens to reveal Hermione. She looks relieved when she notice that I'm awake. She smiles softly and walk towards me. "I'm glad you're awake now..." she said. "Why? How long was I out?" I asked.

"About 4 days. Malfoy have been asking about you every chances he get. Whether you woke up yet... or whether your fever broke..." she said. "Fever?" I said, looking at her in confusion.

"Yeah... you have a high fever for the past 4 days and Malfoy was so worried about you. I've never seen that boy caring so much for someone before... you changed him so much. For the better of course..." she said, smiling softly at me as she said the last sentence.

She walk towards me and take a seat at the edge of the table. She lift her hand and gently place it on my forehead. "You're still have a fever... but it's not as bad as it first started... which is a good thing. Your fever finally broke..." she said, pulling her hand back as she smiles at me.

"Was it that bad?" I said. "Oh you didn't know. You had me and Ginny extremely worried. We took turn to change your cold towel..." she said. "I'm sorry... I must have took a lot of your time..." I said, looking at her with an apologetic smile. "Oh it's fine... you're our best friend. So it only make sense if we take care of you..." she said, smiling at me reassuringly. I just smile softly at her.

I hear a knock at the door. The door open to reveal a Gryffindor girl I never talked to. "Yes?" Hermione said. She knows I'm not fond in talking to people I'm not quite familiar with.

"Uhh... that Malfoy boy is outside again. Probably asking about her..." she said, gesturing towards me who's just leaning against the headboard as I stare at her.

Hermione nod her head at what the girl just told us. "Okay... I'll go see him now" she said. The girl nod her head and leave my room. She lets out a sigh and turn to look at me.

"You stay here... you need more rest before you can go around the ground again..." she said, looking at me sternly. I gulp nervously. A stern Hermione isn't someone you want to mess with. So I just nod my head rapidly, earning a smile from her. She stand up and walk out of the room.

Draco P.O.V

I lean my back against the railing by the Gryffindor common room. I turn my head when the painting make a sound. It swung open and Granger walks out.

"You took longer than usual..." she said. I just roll my eyes at what she said. "Believe me... I'd rather be here more than anything. But Parkinson have been on my tail lately..." I said. She just nod her head. I clear my throat.

"Anyway... how is she?" I asked. A smile form on her lips. "She finally woke up... her fever also broke..." she said. "Really?" I said, a smile makes it way to my face. "Yeah... she just woke up... but I told her to stay longer until she's fully recover before going around the ground..." she said. "Yeah... you're right on that one..." I said. She raise an eyebrow at me. "Malfoy agreeing to what I said? Well... that's a first..." she said, looking at me in amusement. "Don't get used to it, Granger... I'm just worrying for my girl's health" I said.