Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

My sister looks at me in confusion. What is love? She said. Uhhh... I don't know how to explain... I just know it's an emotion we felt... I said. I can hear her humming in my head. Since that's all we have for today... we head back home. Mike's mom is already waiting for us by the... parking lot? Is that what they called it? Well... whatever.

-Demogorgons-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm just laying in the bedroom, while my sister is sitting on the couch. I stare at the ceiling, thinking what our life would become now that we're no longer tied to the Lab.

"Y/N..." I hear my sister called out for me. I turn to look at her in shock, she never talks to me verbally. It has always been through our thoughts. I give her a soft smile as I sit up from my bed. I cross my legs as I face her.

"What is it?" I said. She stays silent for a bit while fiddling with her hands. "Do you... think we'll be able to live normally? You know... after what happened to us in the past? We're not exactly a normal human..." She said, looking upset.

I stand up and walk to her. I take a seat next to her and gently hold her hand. "Mike and the others are trying their best to teach us to be normal... I'm sure we can..." I said, smiling at her. She turns to look at me. "Promise?" She said. "Promise..." I said. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pulls her closer.

I rub her shoulder softly, trying to keep her calm. My sister is mentally weaker than me. I don't know why, but she just is. She's a lot more sensitive than I am. I don't know if it's because I'm the older one... or she's just born that way.

The door to our room opens to reveal Mike. He smile as he walks towards us. "How are you girls holding up?" He said. "We're holding up just fine..." El said, smiling at him. He smiles back at her.

Suddenly I hear something outside the house. I pull away from El and walk towards the window. I look out the window and my eyes widened. I instantly move from the window, hoping it didn't notice me.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" My sister said. I turn to look at her and gulp. "That thing found us..." I said. She looks confuse. She was about to walk towards the window to look out, but I grab her wrist and pulls her away.

"Don't... it'll see us. We HAVE to leave this house... and we have to leave NOW!" I said. As I said the last word, I turn to look at Mike. To let him know that he needs to leave with us. He nods his head and we run out of the backdoor.

Time-skip

We ended up at Lucas's house. He looks surprise by our sudden arrival. He looks at the three of us back and forth. Then he looks at Mike.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm down. I can feel the adrenaline rushing through my vein. After a few seconds, I'm finally calm. But not calm enough. I use my telekinesis to cover all the curtains.

Lucas is looking at us in confusion. "Care to explain why you're here all the sudden?" He said. My sister and Mike are looking at me. I bit my lips as I look at them.

"There's this... monster. Back at the Lab... they made El and I open some sort of Gate. A Gate to the other side... and that is where the monsters came from..." I said. Lucas looks scared. "M-Monsters?" He said. I nod my head. I feel something coming towards us.

"Wh-" Lucas tries to say, but I clamp his mouth shut. I place my finger on my lips in a shushing motion. I gesture him to follow me. I slowly walk towards the and open the curtain slowly.

"Take a look..." I said. Lucas and Mike walks forward and looks out the window. I can see their eyes gets wider in shock.

"W-What is that t-thing??" He said. "It looks like a monster from the game... Demogorgons... we'll just call them that..." Mike said. Lucas nods his head in agreement.

I pull them away from the window. We walk further inside the house. "We need weapons. El and I can protect ourselves. But you can't... if you don't have weapons... go look around for weapons in this house and try to be as quiet as possible. We don't want to attract that Monster's attention..." I said. They nod their heads in agreement.

I turn to look at my twin sister. If one of them are here... it won't be long for more to come. This whole town will get run down by them. We have to find the gate and close it before more of them starts appearing... I said. You're right... if we let them all come... it'll be hard to defeat them... she said. Mike and Lucas comes back. Lucas holds a shotgun in his hands, while Lucas holds a baseball bat with nails on them.

"Will this do?" Lucas said in a hush voice. I just nod my head. "We have to warn the others..." Mike said. He grabs his walkie talkie. But I place my hand on top of his to stop him. He looks at me in confusion. "Don't... they can feel the static coming from it... so using it to contact the others, will only give them a signal of our whereabouts..." I said. He gulps and turn it off, shoving it back inside his backpack.

"So how are we going to warn them?" He said. I bit my lips, trying to come up with a plan. I got none so I just let out a sigh. "We're gonna have to make a run for it... there's no other choice..." I said. Their eyes widened as they look at me in horror.

Suddenly, there's banging on the door. I place my finger on my lips, signaling them to be quiet. "Do not make a sound..." I said, barely above whispers. They just nod their heads at me.

I outstretch my hand and a metal pole flies towards me. I grab it with ease and place my hand on top of it. I let lava appear in my hand to make it scorching hot. Then I run my hand through the metal. I form it into a sword and pour some water to cool it down.

I look at the others to see them looking at me wide-eyed. I just smile at them. "Ready?" I said. They just nod their heads. Mike and Lucas looks scared. But I am not... and neither El. We've fought against them before... so this is nothing new to us.

Suddenly the window crash as something breaks in. I motion everyone to duck down under the table. I hide behind a couch, and try my best to be quiet. I take a peak and see the monster as it slowly walks towards us.

I take a deep breath to calm down. I strain my ears to listen to the monster's footsteps. I grip the handle of the makeshift sword I made. I can see the monster feet and quickly stand up. I slash through it, making it disintegrated into ash. I turn to the others. "Alright we have to leave... Now!" I said. They all nod their heads in agreement. They grab their chosen weapon and we run out of the house.

*to be continued*