Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

She stands up and offers her hand to me. I smile and gently grab her hand. Then she pulls me up to my feet. I stumble a little because she pulls me a little to hard. But she catches me to prevent me from falling. We laugh a little at the little accident, which luckily none of us get hurts. We head back to our bike and start cycling home. Along the way... the only thing on my mind was...

Should I stay here or go?

-Altering The Portal-

Y/N P.O.V

Another month have passed. I still have no idea how to go back to Hogwarts. I mean... I know exactly how and it's by using the portal. But I have to go to the Upside Down world. I can't do that... Mike's family have agreed that they're going to close The Gate. So if I go to Hogwarts... I'll have to say goodbye to my sister and I don't want that.

It's currently time for breakfast. So I make my way to the dining room. I take a seat next to my sister. She turns to smile at me. I give her a small smile in return.

"You look like you haven't get enough sleep..." she said. "True... I can't sleep at all..." I said. She hums in respond. "Are you still thinking about Hogwarts?" She said. I let out a sigh as I look down and nod my head.

"Maybe we could try altering the portal?" Mike said, from across of me. "Huh?" I said, turning to look at him in confusion. "You know... you use your ability to keep the portal that leads you to Hogwarts open... while El closes the gate to the Upside Down. Maybe that way you can keep Hogwarts and Hawkins stay connected. Then you can go back and forth anytime you want..." he said. My eyes widened after hearing his explanation.

"Mike! That's brilliant!" I yelled happily. He jumps at my sudden outburst. I let out a laugh and rub my neck nervously. "Sorry... I got too excited..." I said. He laughs and shake his head. "It's alright..." he said, smiling at me.

"We can try that... and let's hope it's going to work out..." I said. El smiles and nods his head. "Yeah... lets hope it'll work... if it doesn't... and if you really wanna be in Hogwarts... it's alright, Y/N..." she said. "No... I can't leave you..." I said, shaking my head. She just let out a sigh and pulls me into a side hug.

Time skip

El, me and our dad are standing in a field. El will be opening the gate to the Upside Down world, so we can go there to close it. All the while, I'll using my ability to maintain the portal to the Hogwarts.

We're standing in a crate. El is facing the gate to the Upside Down, while I face the portal to Hogwarts. I turn to look at my sister and give her a nod. Our dad is here to fight the Demogorgons. They'll bound to come and stop us from closing the gate.

The two of us outstretch our hands. I focus on trying to keep the portal open. I can feel my blood already starting to drip from my nose. But I try my best to keep myself conscious, because if I let myself loosen up... the Portal might close along with the Gate and I will never be able to go to Hogwarts.

I turn my head slightly to check how sister is doing, and whether she manage to close the gate. I smile to myself when I see it starting to close up. I turn to the portal in front of me and try harder to keep it open. I let out a scream, my body starts to feel worn out. But I still try my best.

El P.O.V

'Come on! Close already!!!' I thought to myself. A smile starts to form on my face when the Gate are closing up. Until it finally sealed up completely.

I grin and drop on my knees

I grin and drop on my knees. I feel very exhausted. I turn to look at Y/N, to see her succeeding to keep the portal to Hogwarts open.

"Y/N! That's enough... we did it!" I said. She turns to look at me. Then she drop her hand. She falls down as next to me. Our dad kneels down in front do us. "I am so proud of you girls..." he said. We smile at him. Then everything turns black, the last thing I saw is Y/N losing her consciousness as well.

A Few Hours Later

Y/N P.O.V

I open my eyes and realize I'm inside a room. It's the room of our father's house. I turn my head slightly to see El still unconscious on the other bed. I let out a soft groan as I try to sit up.

"Easy... you just wake up..." someone said. I turn my head to see Dad. "Hey, dad..." I said. He smiles and sits down in front of me. "You really worn yourself out back there... you and your sister had me worried sick..." he said. "Sorry" I said, looking down slightly feeling guilty.

"You two are okay... that's all that matters to me..." he said. "Thanks Dad..." I said. I crawl over to him and hugs him. He hugs me back softly.

I get off the bed and walk towards my sister. I take a seat on the edge of the bed and gently hold her hand. I can feel her hand moving slightly. She opens her eyes and looks at me.

"Hey... are you feeling okay, El?" I said. She smiles and nods her head. "I'm okay..." she said, making me smile softly.

"So... we did it?" She said. "I'm not sure... I mean... I manage to keep it open. But I don't know if I'm able to open the portal from this side..." I said, looking at my hands which is placed on my lap.

I feel a hand on my head. I turn my head to see dad who's still in the room with us. "You can find out about that after you get enough rest, maybe for a few days... you've used too much of your strength. Both of you... so rest some more" he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head, knowing I can't argue with him.

"Alright, dad..." I said. He hugs me gently and kiss my sister's forehead. "Go back to sleep... you're still in a weak state..." he said, sternly. "Okay, dad..." El and I said simultaneously. He smiles and leaves the room.

I turn my head to look at El and smile. "He's right, Y/N... we need to rest before trying to test the portal. Especially you, since you're the one trying to keep it open... which is a lot harder compare to me closing the gate" she said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. I get up from her bed and lay down on mine. "Good night, El..." I said, turning the bedside lamp. "Good night, Y/N..." she said, doing the same with hers. I close my eyes and slowly drift back to sleep.

I wanna go back to Hogwarts... let's hope I can still open the Portal..

*to be continued*