Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

When the lights comes back. We're standing in the middle of a familiar road. I recognize this road as the one in Hawkins. We're finally back at Hawkins, after such a long time we're stuck at Hogwarts. I turn my head, just in time to see the portal closing up. I just smile and turn to my sister. She grins and pulls me into a tight hug, I can feel the happiness radiating from her. I smile softly to myself and hugs her back.

We're back...

-Reunited-

Y/N P.O.V

It's currently night time in Hawkins. It's kind of dark to see clearly. The only source of light comes from the moon, just enough for us to see.

Come on, Y/N... we need to go to Mike's house... my sister said. Okay... let's go... I said. She reaches out for my hand and I hold hers gently. Then we make our way towards Mike's house.

When we get there, I sense movements. El... do you feel that? I said. Yeah... Demogorgons... she said. I nod my head. I look forward to see lots of them and they're attacking Mike's house.

They're attacking Mike's house. We have to go and help them! My sister said, I can hear the panic in her voice. Come on! I said. We run forward and start to attack the monsters one by one. El attack one and throws it through the window.

Can't you throw it else where?? I said. Sorry... she said. I roll my eyes at her. I look around to check if we have defeated all and we did.

Looks like that's all of them... I said. She nods her head in agreement. Let's get inside then... they might be tense right now... she said. Okay... come on... I said. We walk up to the door. I open the door and enters. El following behind me.

Everyone in the house looks at us wide-eyed. Mike walks forward, focusing his gaze on El.

"El

"El..." he said. "Mike..." she said. They run towards each other and hug. I smile as I watch them. They look so happy to be together again.

Mike pulls away and looks at El with longing look. "I never give up on you... I call you every night. Every night for-" El cuts him off. "363 days. I heard..." El said, smiling at him. They hug once again.

Mike notice me and smile. "Hey Y/N... good to see you're back... both of you..." he said, smiling at the two of us. "Yeah... it's good to be back..." I said with a soft smile.

Mike and El continues to smile at each other... and for some... reasons, seeing their interaction made me miss someone back in Hogwarts. Sure... I miss Harry and the others. But I feel this longing feeling towards Draco... weird... seeing how the two of us just started talking a day ago. But I don't know... I really wanted to see him.

Time-skip

They made some food for us. I ask wether I can give a hand, but they declined... saying that it's going to be our welcome back party.

"So... what happened after you two disappeared from Hawkins? Where did you two go?" Mike asked, after swallowing his food. I look up from mine and turn my head to look at him. "Well..." I start. "It's a long story" El finished. "We have all night..." he said, smiling at us. We nod our heads and start to tell him everything.

How we enter the Upside Down after what happened in that classroom. To the portal and how we ended up in Hogwarts.

"Woah... YOU fall from the sky??" He said. I nod my head. "Yeah... it's a good thing I can slow our fall or our bones would have shattered into pieces" I said. He laughs and nod his head. Then he looks at me wide-eyed. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I said, looking at him in confusion.

"You said slow your fall... wait... does that mean you can fly??" He said. "Yeah... pretty much. But just like any of our other abilities... if we use it too long, it'll drain our strength. So we can only use it for a short period of time..." I said. He hums and nod his head in respond.

After dinner, Mike's mother told us to head to bed as she thinks we must be tired. So we head upstairs to the room they used to set for us. We change into the clothes that was once belong to us. I'm surprise that they still kept them, seeing how long we disappeared from Hawkins. Well.. I'm guessing Mike's the one not letting them throw any of our belongings away.

I lay on my bed as El did the same in hers. She turns to me and smile. I smile at how happy she looks. She closes her eyes. Goodnight, Y/N... she said. Yeah... good night, El... I said. Her breathing slowed to let me know that she have fallen asleep.

I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. But I couldn't. I keep tossing and turning, but sleep can't get to me. I guess my body is accustomed to Hogwarts. I let out a soft sigh and stand up.

I decided to do stargazing for a bit. I could also use some fresh air. With that in mind, I make my way out of the house and sit by the balcony. I sit on the ground and stare at the sky. The twinkling starts in the sky always calms me down. That's why being in an opening to stargaze is one of my favorite things to do. Even though back at Hawkins Lab... I'm not able to do it as much.

My mind start to drift off to my friends in Hogwarts. Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Then the last minute friendship I've formed with Draco. The school's so called Bad Boy. The more I think about them... the more I miss them. The more I longed to be with them. Well... I think they're not in Hogwarts as the year has ended. But they'll be back next year. Can I go back? Would I be able to see them again?

I mean... I'm happy to be here. Seeing how happy my sister looks as she's able to be with Mike again. But I can't help but wished that I'm still in Hogwarts. No matter what I do... I can't stop myself to think about Hogwarts and my friends.

*to be continued*