Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

We reach the end and suddenly a bright light appear in front of us. I had to squeeze my eyes shut at how bright it is. I open my eyes after a while to see...

-Where Are We?-

Y/N P.O.V

What's that swirling thing? I've never seen anything like it. My sister walks forward. I pull her gently. She just smiles at me, as if telling me it's gonna be okay.

She outstretch her hand. I watch as her hand move passed the swirl. She pulls back and her hand is covered in water.

It's some kind of door... she said. A portal... I said, in realization. She nods her head. I can hear a chorus of growling coming from behind behind us. I turn my head to look what's behind us, to see the monsters are closing in on us.

Okay let's walk through... I said. But we don't know what's on the other side! She said, trying to argue. I let out a sigh and points at the monsters. Anything is better than that! I said. Well... when you put it like that... I guess you're right... she said. Come on... I said. Then we turn to the portal and runs through.

As soon as I enter the portal, I can feel myself getting suffocated. I tighten my grip on El's hand, afraid that we might get split apart. Then we can feel ourselves falling.

I look around frantically. The water in El's hand comes from the clouds! We're free falling from the sky! Oh my God! We're gonna die!!!

Wait... no no no! I take a deep breath and focus on my telekinesis. I heard from one of the kids before us, if we focus hard enough we can use telekinesis to help us levitate. In short... if we do it right... we can fly.

I can feel myself slowing down. I focus on El as well. It's draining too much energy, but I gotta do this or we won't survive this fall.

But I got too tired to maintain my ability, because I never do this before. I can feel blood dripping down my nose. It got too much. Then the two of us starts falling once again. But it's closer to the ground.

Soon we make contact with the ground. I let out a groan in pain from the impact. I turn my head to my sister to see her laying next to me. She looks alright. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing my precious little sister is going to be okay. At least... she's safe.

The pain got too much and I close my eyes. I can't even move an inch because of how painful it felt. Through my blurry vision, I can make out 3 form of what seems to be human running towards us. Thats the last thing I remember, then everything turns black.

Time-skip

I open my eyes to see I'm in a room. This place looks unfamiliar. 'Where am I?' I thought to myself. I try to sit up, only to wince as I fall back on the bed. I let out a groan in pain.

"Easy... you just woke up..." a person said. I turn my head to see a man. He have a long white beard. He's wearing a black robe with red decoration in them. I stare at him in confusion.

"Who are you?" I said. "Oh... my apologies. My name is Albus Dumbledore... but you can call me Professor Dumbledore" he said. My eyes widened at the word "Professor."

I jump up to my feet and move away from him. "Hey, it's okay... I'm not going to hurt you... I'm guessing you came from the Muggle world..." he said. I tilt my head in confusion. "Muggle?" I said. "Someone from human world..." he explained. "Wait... what? Are you not a human?" I said, looking at him even with my eyebrow furrowed.

"Well... I am a human... but different. Hmm... seems like you don't know the world of magic..." he said. I just shake my head. "Yeah... I don't..." I said. "Then how did you get here?" He said. "Uhh... m-my sister and I were just..." I stopped mid sentence as I froze. I look around frantically. "My sister... where is she?" I said.

"Relax... she's right here..." he said, moving aside to reveal my sister. She looks alright. I let out a sigh of relief and stand up on my feet. I speed walk towards her and pulls her into a hug.

"First of... tell me your names..." he said. I pull away from the hug and turn to look at him. I glance at my sister to see her looking down. Seems like she's still pretty shaken up.

"My name is Y/N... my real name is Nine... and well, this is my twin little sister... Eleven... you can call her El for short..." I said. He looks at us in confusion. It's probably strange in his opinion to have numbers as names.

"It's uh... kind of a long story..." I said, rubbing my neck. He smiles as he crouch down to have the same eye level as mine. "Then you better start, yes?" He said, smiling softly at me. I can feel my sister's hand tightening at his sudden closeness. I rub my thumb over her hand to calm her down.

It's going to be okay... don't worry... this guy seems like a good person... I said. Are you sure? She said. Yeah... you have me... I won't let a thing happen to you, okay sis? I said. Okay... I trust you, sis... she said.

Professor Dumbledore told us to sit down. We did as told, sitting down on the bed while he sits across us. He stare at me, as if waiting for me to start talking. I take a deep breath and starts to tell him everything. From our life in Hawkins Lab... to Mike... and how we ended up here.

Apparently this place is a school. A school with the name Hogwarts. He told me it's a school for Witches and Wizards, and in here... they're going to learn the art of magic. So that's why he asked if I know about magic or not. He's a Wizard.

By the end of our conversation. He nods his head in understanding. "So you're not normal kids?" He said in a soft voice. "Pretty much..." I said, looking down. I can hear him humming in respond to that answer.

"I see... do you two have anywhere to go. Since you both came from a different dimension from this world called... Upside Down?" He said again, in a questioning tone. I know it's hard for him to believe the existence of Upside Down. But who could blame him? I mean... I don't even know Witches or Wizards are real either.

I turn to look at my sister as she did the same. We look back at Professor Dumbledore and shake our heads. "No... we have no where to go... and we don't even know how to go back to our world..." I said, in a sad tone.

I can hear the bed creaking, letting me know he have move to stand up. I feel a hand on my head. I look up to see him looking at me with a gentle gaze.

"You're always welcome to stay here. We'll get the two of you settled in. In exchange to that... you have to help us look after Hogwarts and keep it safe. What do you think? Do we have a deal?" He said. I turn to look at my sister.

What do you think, sis? Should we accept the offer? I said. I don't see any other option... she said. Even in my head, I can hear the sadness in her voice. I can tell how much she wishes to go back, so she can be with Mike again.

I wrap my arm around her shoulder. I promise we'll find a way to go back to them, okay? We'll stay here in the mean time I said. Okay... as long as I'm with you. I'll be okay, sis... she said. I smile at her and she smiles back.

I turn to look at Professor Dumbledore and nod my head. "Okay... we accept your offer, Professor..." I said, standing up and shake his hand as a sign of agreement.

He smiles softly and nods his head. "Very well... I'll get everything settle for the two of you..." he said. I smile and bow my head in gratitude. He smiles one last time and turn to leave, telling us we need to rest some more before settling in.

I wonder what our life here would be...

*to be continued*