Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

"I don't see anything though" He said, looking around in confusion. I stay silent and outstretch my hand towards the direction I feel the pulse, palm facing forward. I focus on the Upside Down world. Then swirling in the sky starts forming. I grin happily. I found it!! I found the portal! We can go home!!!

-We're... Back!!!-

Y/N P.O.V

We land on the ground. I grin at Draco and pulls him into a tight hug. "Oh Draco!! Thank you so much! I couldn't have done it without you!!" I yelled happily. He stumbles a little, but manage to steady himself as he hugs me back.

"Well... I'm glad I can help" he said, patting my back softly. I pull away and smile happily at him. I place a soft kiss on his cheek. Then I turn around and head inside.

But before I could reach inside. I realize where we are. It's the exact same spot El and I landed when we pass through the portal. I smile to myself. At last... I know how to go back to Hawkins. Oooh~ El will be so happy!!

I reach the Gryffindor common room and enter. Ron is the first to notice me. "Where have you been? Do you realize what time this is??" He said, looking at me with a worried expression. "It's a long story! But I'm happy! I finally found a way to go back" I said, grinning at him. I wave at them and run to my room.

My sister is sitting on her bed, her eyes looks empty. I walk towards her and grab her hand. I pull her to stand up. She looks startled by my sudden move. But then she just pulls her hand away.

"Stop, Y/N... I'm not in the mood..." she said, sitting back down. "I found it, El... I found the portal! We can finally go back!!" I said. She turns her head to look at me. "You're not lying right now, are you?" She said, looking at me with a hopeful eyes. I shake my head rapidly. "No! I wouldn't give you a false hope about this, El... I found it. We can go home..." I said. She grins and pulls me into a hug.

"Get some rest... we'll talk to Professor Dumbledore about this. Then we can go back, okay?" I said. She pulls away from the hug and nods her head with a huge smile on her face. I smile happily and pulls her close.

"I told you I wouldn't break a promise, didn't I?" I said. She pulls away from me and look down. "I'm sorry... for the way I act towards you..." she said. I shake my head and hugs her again. "You're okay... that's what matters..." I said. She leans close to my embrace.

"Now..." I said, pulling away from her completely. She looks at me with a startled expression. "What? Did I do something wrong again?" She said, looking nervous. I just giggle and push her forehead with my fingers.

"No, Silly... I'm just trying to tell you to go to sleep" I said. "Oh..." she said, looking relieved. I smile at her and push her towards her bed. I gently make her lay down and pulls the blanket up to her neck. "Have a good sleep, sis..." I said. "You too, Y/N..." she said, closing her eyes. I smile when I hear a soft snore. I make my way towards my bed and lay down.

I watch El as she breathes slowly. I close my eyes and a tear escaped my eyes. We're going back... which means we're going to leave this place. I just made new friend... but I might not see them again.

I shake my head and turn my body, so my back is facing El. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

Time-skip

I jump awake by someone jumping on the bed. I let out a groan of annoyance and open my eyes. El is jumping up snd down on my bed.

"Just what are you doing? This is too early..." I said, looking at her still feeling sleepy from the harsh awakening. She stops and grins at me. "We're going to meet Professor Dumbledore, remember? Then we can go back to Hawkins. Come on!! Get up already!" she said, as she starts to bounce again.

"Okay! Cut it out! I'm awake! Now move... I can't get up because you're standing on the blanket..." I said. "Oh, right... sorry..." she said, jumping off the bed. I roll my eyes and stand up from the bed. Then I start my morning routine.

I just realize something. It's the last day for Harry and the others, then they'll be going for a break in their hometowns. I wonder if this will be a goodbye or whether I can return here.

After showering I change into my school robe. Then I walk out of the shower. I walk out of the bathroom only to shriek in surprise. My sister is standing right in front of me, bouncing on her ball of her feet.

I huffed and place my hand on my chest, feeling my heart beat at a rapid pace. "Seriously... I'm going to have a heart attack..." I said. She giggles and grabs my hand. I stumble a little as she starts pulling me along.

We're now standing in front of Professor's office. I raise my hand and give it a little knock. I open the door when I hear a soft "come in" from the other side of the door.

I gently pull El along and enter the room. "How May I help you, Ms. Y/N..." he said. I look at my sister to see her smiling happily. I smile softly and turn to look at Professor Dumbledore.

"You see... Professor... I've found the portal that will lead me and my sister back to Hawkins... so... we're to express our gratitude, before leaving..." I said. He hums and nods his head.

"You're not coming back?" He said. "I can?" I said. He nods his head. "If you wish to come back here... Hogwarts will always be open for you... and I wish you a safe trip back..." he said. I smile and bow at him. Then I remember something.

"Uhh... Professor?" I said. "What is it?" He said. "I just remember we need to fly to get there... and I can't open the portal while flying at the same time. It's going to drain my energy..." I said. "No problem. We'll ask someone to help the two of you to fly up there..." he said. "That would be lovely, Professor. Thank you... really... thank you so much... for your kindness... for everything..." I said, bowing again. I grab my sister hand and bid farewell to Professor. Then we walk out of the room.

I pull my sister towards the spot of the portal. I look up at the sky. "The portal should be around there... I can feel it..." I said. "How do we get up there?" I hear my sister said.

"I'll help..." someone said. I turn my head the source of voice to see Draco. "Thank you... but there's only one of you and two of us..." I said. "Not a problem... I can give your sister a ride" another voice said. I turn my head to see Harry.

They mount their broom and gesture for us to get on it. I walk towards Draco and get on his broom. El doing the same with Harry.

"Ready?" Draco said. I turn to look at my sister and she gives me a nod. "Ready" I said. We soar up in the sky. I direct Draco where go and he did as told. I tell him to stop. I close my eyes, arms outstretch with my palm facing towards the direction. Just like last night, a swirl appears.

I turn to my sister and grin at her. She turns to me and smile too.

"Thanks, Draco... I guess we'll take our leave now..." I said. "But are you going to come back?" He said, turning his head slightly to look at me. I shrug my shoulders. "Maybe, just keep looking at the sky..." I said. He looks sad by my answer but still nod his head nonetheless.

I start to hover a little, my sister doing the same. She fly towards me. I gently grab her hand. Then we turn to look at Draco and Harry one more time.

I smile softly at the two of them and they do the same. I wave with my free hand and turn around. We enter the portal and instantly it all becomes dark, at least for a while.

When the lights comes back. We're standing in the middle of a familiar road. I recognize this road as the one in Hawkins. We're finally back at Hawkins, after such a long time we're stuck at Hogwarts. I turn my head, just in time to see the portal closing up. I just smile and turn to my sister. She grins and pulls me into a tight hug, I can feel the happiness radiating from her. I smile softly to myself and hugs her back.

We're back...

*to be continued*