II/12

"I'm just so disappointed, Kacey. You told me you weren't and you go and do the opposite?" Cassandra inquired as she gulped down the last sip of her wine.

Cassandra and Kori were at her house trying to reason with her on her relationship with Montana. Ever since she took her ring off Montana had been blowing her up but she never returned his calls. When she arrived home later that morning he wasn't there and now she was off work busy gossiping with the two closest people to her.

Kacey looked at her and sighed. At the time she was telling the truth to Cassandra but after last night her mind was made up.

"I know I did but I've came to my senses on what I want for me and my children and me and Montana are better off going our separate ways...for real this time." Kacey shrugged as she adjusted her position on the couch. "I just don't wanna keep going back and forth, I want him to be happy."

"Talk is cheap, Kacey." Kori said, mixing her wine around. "You and him do this all the time. You have one big fight, you have sex, another fight comes in after, you two separate and move out the house, couple months later you make up and right back in each other's arms. And to be quite frank I'm tired of that shit. It's like watching the same movie on repeat." Kori said, giving her opinion since it was a thing for Kacey and Montana.

"Yeah and I've realized that thank you very much." Kacey said with an attitude, trying not to roll her eyes. "I know that we're  toxic and it's not a environment I wanna raise my kids in."

"But you love each other. Are you really gonna give up on him because of one disagreement?" Kori questioned as she looked at her sister, searching her face.

"I talked to my counselor and she said something to me about me loving Montana more than myself and always putting his needs before myself and I agree. I can't love Montana more than I love myself and I'm tired of holding him back and I'm tired of him holding me back. He said so himself that I can leave New York without him. He doesn't care." She shrugged her shoulders as if it didn't phase her, but it did.

It did hurt when it first came out of his mouth but it hurt her more to know she was wasting her own time to satisfy his own needs.

"Have you spoke to him about this? Do you know if he wants a divorce? Im sure he's tired of going back and forth with you over this. One minute you tell us you want to divorce him than you change your mind and want to better the marriage."

"Are you my sister of his?" Kacey squinted her eyes, staring at Kori.

"Do you want me to lie to you just because we're sisters, Kace? Im just simply saying dont keep saying you're gonna do one thing and not. Im sure you're tired of it and I know Montana is too."

"Exactly and... I know he's tired of this marriage." Kacey blinked her eyes a few times, looking down at her fingers. She didn't want to cry but thinking about Montana and everything they've been through made her sad. She didn't want it to be like this but she felt Montana checked out of their relationship mentally months ago and was only holding on for her or even the kids. Kacey's voice broke as she said, "I love Montana so much but I don't think we can keep doing this. It's not good for us."

Cassandra got up from the couch and walked around to hug Kacey. Kori got up and grabbed the box of tissues on the coffee table before she sat closer to her sister as she also embraced herself in the hug. She sat the box of tissues on Kacey's lap as she caressed her hair. Kacey sniffled and pulled out tissues and she dabbed under her eyes.

"We're here for you, Kacey. No matter what you guys decide to do, we got you. Just talk to him and find out where his head is at. Okay." Cassandra suggested as she held Kacey.