fifty

Wren chuckles as she looks at him as if he was crazy. "Why would I let you give me a ride? You've known me for like ten minutes and you want to give me a ride home?"

"I'm just out here tryna do a good deed. I wouldn't want nothing to happen to you, it's creeps out this time of night." He continues driving slow to keep up with her.

She laughs turning her head to look at him, "Yeah you're right and that's exactly why I won't be letting you give me a ride."

"Give me one good reason why not?" He questions as she slows down her walking.

"I'm in a relationship and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate me pulling up home, in another man's car."

"Well, I highly doubt that, sweetheart."

"Oh yeah? Why?" She chuckles continuing her walk, just as she stops near a bus stop. Montana pulls up to the side of the street, placing his car in drive as he got out the car. He walks over to her as she raises an eyebrow at him. She would have no problem using her mace or better yet...Tazer.

"Because no nigga is gone have his girlfriend walking home at midnight let alone by herself."He stuffs his hand in his pockets.

"Mhm." She nods her head taking her phone out of purse, "You have a point..."

"I appreciate yo help back there. Any other person would've let a nigga leave knowing damn well he had too many drinks." He thanked her.

"Yeah, well I'm not any other person, but you're welcome."

"You from out here?" He questioned.

"No, I am not." She looks up from her phone to him. "Why?"

"You have a lil accent. You from Los Angeles?"

"An accent? That's a first. And I am." She nodded.

"What part?"

"Slauson."She announced.

"You just move out to New York?"

"What are we playing, twenty questions?"

"Nah," He licks his lips, "Just asking a question."

"Oh, alright."

"So..... you gone take me up on my offer."

Just as he says that a car pulls up near the bus stop. They both look at the car as she looks at Montana before she walks towards the car.

Montana could tell it was an Uber or Lyft from the license plate. He watches as she opens the door to the backseat before she looks over towards him.

"...Maybe next time." She lets out a laugh showcasing her dimples as she gets inside the car.

Montana laughs to himself as he watches the car pull of as he gets back inside of his vehicle.

It didn't take him too long before he arrived back to the house. It was dark in the house as he walked to the lights that connected for the hallway. He took off the sweater he had been wearing tossing it on the sofa. He took a seat on the couch as he laid his head back on the sofa taking a deep breath.

"How you and Kacey been?"

"We straight now. Glad I got my girl back."

"Yeah cause I like Kacey she's a good one. Her birthday is soon what y'all doing?"

"I wanna throw some type of party and ima take her somewhere of her choice."

"You still thinking bout doing it over the right way?" She looked at me.