II/15

The more thoughts and comments the faster the updates.

Eight Months Later

Alyssa turned off her alarm after hearing it go off. She excused herself from helping her grandmother with her garden to go wake Kapri up since he had somewhere important to be by five o'clock. She washed her hands first before going into the living room. She walked up to Kapri and smiled at the sight in front of her.

Kapri laid on the couch with his hand over their now eight month old baby boy Onyx's back. Both of them were sleeping and It was the cutest thing ever. She made sure she took a picture with her phone capturing the cute moment, then carefully took the baby out of Kapri's hold in order for her not to wake the baby up. She had this evil smirk on her face because she had an idea in mind.

"Kapri, Kapri where's the baby!" Alyssa shook his arm frantically. She tried not to laugh as Kapri popped his eyes open, jumping up from the couch, clutching around his chest area. He finally looked over at Alyssa noticing the baby in her arms. Kapri sucked his teeth, laying back in the couch covering his face with his hands. Alyssa laughed hysterically while holding the baby.

"That shit ain't funny Alyssa. Dead ass."

Ever since she gave birth Kapri made sure to be on his P's and Q's with his baby boy. He was very protective over his son and was a very attentive father. Alyssa was thankful he actually made an effort to help her with their son instead of leaving her to do all the work. Since she was still living with her grandparents Kapri drove out that way and made the time to help her. Sometimes he even stayed over night to help with Onyx.

"I'm sorry I just had to." She chuckled, covering her mouth as she looked over at Onyx who slept with a pacifier in his mouth. "It's five o'clock though."

"Damn already." Kapri looked at the watch on his wrist. "Felt like a nigga just laid down." He rubbed his eyes before standing and stretching his arms.

The baby began to whine in Alyssa's arms and she glanced at the baby noticing his eyes were still closed. She looked back over at Kapri who was looking at the baby and asked, "How long ago did you feed him?"

"Right before we fell asleep."

"So an hour and forty five minutes ago." She answered for him. "I gotta make him a bottle." She looked over at Kapri arching her eyebrow. "Don't you gotta get going?"

"Damn." He scrunched his face up. "You tryna hurry up an kick a nigga out—but you right I gotta go anyway. Lemme see my lil mans." He hovered over Alyssa to kiss the baby's face. He was still sleeping so he wasn't gonna try to wake him up purposely.

"I want you to come to my graduation next week." Alyssa announced catching his attention. "I mean I have one more extra ticket and I wanted you to be the fourth person, that's if you're able to." Since giving birth he had been a helpful with not only the baby but with her school work. From homework and helping her study for exams he contributed to helping her pass. She was finally going to get her bachelors degree in communications. It's been a stressful four years but she's finally made it.

Alyssa leaned her head back a little to let Kapri kiss Onyx one last time before he stood back up straight. He folded his arms across his chest, smirking a little. "I feel special. Should I feel special right now?"

Alyssa playfully rolled her eyes. "Please don't start gassing your head up now."

"Nah but I'll fasho' be there. Look at you. Lil bit graduating and shit. I'm proud of you."

Those four words that came out of his mouth warmed her heart. "We'll thanks I'm proud of me too. If it weren't for these little rugrats I would've dropped out by now."