II/02

Kacey smiled as she walked up to Gunner, looking him from head to toe

Kacey smiled as she walked up to Gunner, looking him from head to toe. He was looking good dressed in his all black, he was looking alittle too dressed up for just a lunch date. Well Kacey wouldn't even call it a date, she thought of it as lunch with an old friend .

"Wassup, shorr." He stood up pulling her into a hug, as she inhaled his cologne. She could tell it was the Black Orchid from Tom Fords collection.

"Hey." She grinned from ear to ear like a little kid, "And who the hell is shorr?"

"It's the way we speak in Baltimore. It mean shorty."

"Oh, cause I was finna get in on your ass." He chuckles. "You're all dressed up for this lunch."

He chuckles,"Oh, yea. I got somewhere I gotta be later on after this." Kacey raises an eyebrow as she nodded. "I got a show to perform at."

"I should've figured that. I'm sorry." She apologizes.

"Nah, you straight. It's been a while." They started walking as he opened the door up to this new restaurant called Penelope.

Even though Kacey was the one who asked him out to lunch he had already knew where he wanted to go and he made reservations for them.

"Last name?" The waiter at the front asked as he looked at Gunner.

"Castillo." The waiter nodded as he grabbed two menus before he directed them both to their seats. It was nicely furnished and it had a good amount of people here. Good thing it wasn't crowded because Kacey hated crowded spaces.

Once they were seated immediately a waitress was there to take their order. Kacey just stuck with a chicken Caesar salad and a glass of lemonade.

"So, what's been going on with you, the past two in a half years?" Kacey questioned once the waitress walked away.

"Shit ain't much. Just been in the studio working everyday. Got a few more tracks to record before I drop my mixtape."

"Well, I would love to come by and hear something."

"Yeah?" He questioned and she nodded, "Dont worry it ain't none of that SoundCloud rapping shit."

Kacey laughed, "You remember that?" She asked remembering the time they went on their first date to the Cheesecake Factory.

"Of course. A nigga remember everything."

Kacey couldn't help but smile because she could see that Gunner was a sweet guy with a great personality. Even though he didn't show his personality right away, she could see he was beginning to get comfortable with her.

"How bout this." He suggested as Kacey looked up listening to him. "You come to my show tonight."

"Tonight?" She reiterated. She knew she wasn't going to be busy today and her mom would have no problem watching over the kids unless she was busy with her boyfriend Derrick.