forty six

2019, February

2019, February

Kori stood in the kitchen of her mother Hopes house as she finished cleaning up. She held her phone with her hand as she talked with Kacey through FaceTime.

"Are you gonna be there? Cause you know you never like to go out nowadays."

"Obviously that's why I'm telling you. One I know for a fact he's gonna be drinking and I know how his dumb ass can get."

"Okay since you tryna be wifey of the year."

"Where's ya mama?"

"She's in her room, and guess who she's on the phone with?" Kori smirks while walking to the living room plopping down on the couch.

"Her nigga?" Kacey took an educated guess.

"Nope, your mama."

"What?" Kacey chuckles on the other end, "Why? And how the hell did that even happen?"

"I really don't know what they're talking about, but knowing my mom she's probably in there apologizing and telling ya mom all kinds of shit."

"As she should." Kacey mumbled but Kori heard her.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." Kacey grins.

"Where's my niece and nephew at?"

"They went out with Montana to get ice cream. He was supposed to get Maia but change of plans according to her mom."

"What's she like? Cause I know some baby mamas be bitter so hell."

"Um I can't really answer that since I've never spoke with her verbally in like two years. Back when I was pregnant with Major there was some back and forth but I'm cool on her."

"Well that's good. I actually can't wait to meet Maia."

"You'll love her, she's a character." Kacey smiled.

There was a knock at the door and Kori looked at the door before looking at Kacey.

"Who the hell is this?"

"I don't know, go check." Kacey smirks.

"This ain't my house....Momma!"