forty one

Kacey.
3 months later

"We neva did anything," Kori says eating one of her cashews. "Stop saying that shit."

They were just leaving a Chinese restaurant and on their way back to the car

"So y'all been dating for what, four months now and you ain't give up the cookie." Kacey says rubbing over a sleeping Kaija's back.

"Dating?" Kori looks over at her. "I wouldn't really call it that."

"Y'all been on different kinds of dates right. Movies, dinner and etc?"

"Yea...."

"Then bitch y'all are dating." Kacey laughs.

"Mhmm whatever." She playfully rolls her eyes as they reached the car. Kacey strapped Kaija in securely, then got in the car.

They drove off and Kacey decided to spark up a conversation.

"So what do you think about him?"

"I like him. He's really different from the other guys I'm used to, but he's different in a good way. He's definitely a gentleman, the only thing is he is really really terrible at texting." She laughs. "He's like my momma, when she wants to know how to work the different apps on an iPhone."

"Of course, him and Montana act like old ass men...But could you potentially see yourself in a relationship with him?

"Uhh...I mean yeah, but you know were taking it slow. Y'know when we ask each other questions to get to know each other sometimes he's distant with the answers but I'm not rushing him to open up but I'll be damned if I get hurt again."

"I don't know if I told you this, my best friend Tiara was his girlfriend. They were like white on rice together. They've been through a lot of shit together and even through it all they managed to still be madly in love with each other. Until the day she was killed. He was lost, sad, hurt, he had lost his everything. It's been almost a year since she's been gone and of course he's gonna be a little off but just give him some time. Hell eventually come around. And if doesn't, he'll eventually tell you was-sup and not keep you around just to waste your time. Trust me."

Kori nodded as she let everything Kacey said sink in. Hearing about Tiara, made her feel sorrowful, she couldn't imagine losing her soulmate.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Kace."

"It's fine. I don't even know why I brung her up knowing I might cry." Kacey laughs fanning her eyes as they stopped at a red light.

Kori decided to change the topic.

"So you and Montana, hows everything been between you too? These past months you've been glowing looking real happy."

"Well counseling has very much helped us. We've still been going and right now we're more than great. He's been more of a family man now. Right after his album dropped, it's been hitting the charts and he promised me after that he would be spending more time with me and the kids."