forty nine

Kacey walked into her boutique K&T as she got a couple stares from her staff and the customers there. She ignored all the stares as she headed to the back, where her office was.

She sat down at her desk as she took a deep breath. She didn't have any makeup on which had her swole eye on display for everyone to see. She didn't care about any of the stares from everyone because they don't know what happened and she didn't plan on telling them.

It's been two days since her and Montana's big argument. He didn't come home and she could careless where he was at this point. The only thing she wanted from him was to agree on getting the divorce. She had came to the conclusion that they are not in a good place and never were. She knew what she said about Brandon was not the right way to go about the situation, but never did it give him the rights to hit her.

She and Montana have had bad arguments but this one was different and it was the last straw for her. She loved Montana and that would never change, but she loved herself too.

Getting herself together, she walked back out to the front. As she walked out, she spotted one of her workers Lola talking to a woman. Kacey couldn't see who it was since their back was turned to her.

"Oh, she's right over there." Lola pointed towards Kacey.

Kacey squinted her eyes standing by the register as she watched the unknown person turn around. She frowned as soon as they turned around. This was the last person she was expecting to see.

"You're real brave showing up to my job." Kacey commented as the girl walked up to her with a smirk.

"I mean they said you had the best service out here, so you know I had to come see for myself." She fakes a gasp as she notices Kacey eye. "Don't tell me he's beating on you now. Trouble in paradise?..."

"Ashley, get the fuck out."

"Oop...that is no way to speak to a paying customer. I would hate to have to send in a complaint, or maybe cause a scene." A wide smile covers her face.

"So why were you looking for me? Do I have something for you?"

"Well, I needed some help." Ashley puts on a smile. In a honesty all Kacey wanted to do was punch her in the face. She hadn't seen this girl in a long time and she would of liked if it would of stayed that way.

"There are workers all around the store that can help." Kacey folded her arms across her breast as she gave Ashley a blank expression.

"Well, I wanted your help. This is your store, I'm sure you'll be good at helping me with the clothing I'm looking for."

"Like I said before, there are workers that can help yo dumb ass out. Im busy at the moment."

"I said, I need some help from you!" She raised her voice, as Kacey looked around seeing that people were looking their way. "Can you help me, Kacey?"

"Alright." She took a deep breath as she followed Ashley. She didn't have time to catch a charge over someone as irrelevant as Ashley. Ashley was in her store spending money on her things. She probably thought she was doing something but all she was doing was putting money into Kacey's pockets...If she could afford anything in the store.

Ashley stopped in front of a clothing racket that displayed Custom bomber jackets. Kacey stood in annoyance as she watched Ashley look through the jackets. "These are some real ugly jackets." She looked up at Kacey with a look of disgust.

"I would see how you would say that. You're used to wearing shit your mother gave you from the fifty's." Ashley rolled her eyes as Kacey flashed her a smile.