twelve

Dakota Wilson

"Oh now you wanna show up

"Oh now you wanna show up." Dakota rolled her eyes at her mother walking into her parents house.

She walked in and seen her Dad, Maurice sitting on the couch watching television and her little brother Jace next to him on his Phone they brought him for his 11th birthday.

"Hey daddy." She walked over to him giving him a kiss on the cheek while he greeted her.

She went over to Jace and nudged his head saying, "Hey ugly."

"Potato head." He said not looking up at her.

"Ima let that slide." She laughed sitting on one of the single couches.

"So why you here?" Her mother Dara said walking over to the couch sitting down next to her husband.

Dakota scrunched her face up looking at her mother before smartly replying, "Dont even worry mama you wasn't even the person I wanted to see,"

"Little girl am I supposed to feel a type a way."

"I don't really care what you feel."

"Dakota." Maurice said sending her a look.

Dara chuckled shaking her head, "You must think you talking to your friends or something cause I don't tolerate disrespect. You could take ya fast ass back to that raggedy ass apartment."

"Oh god here you go with the fast ass talking." Dakota rolled her eyes.

"Yeah here I go and I'm gonna bring it up all the time."

"I get it. You wanted the perfect daughter but sometimes things don't end up how you want it."

"Yeah it didn't because you had to go lay on ya back for that boy, being like all them other girls and listening to that sweet talk that's how you ended up just like you did."

"So that's what this is about." She scoffed, "First off He didn't talk me into nothing. He was my best friend and I loved him and he loved me and I trusted him with that."

"Yeah and that's why ya ass was sent to your grandmother cause I was not putting up with that type of embarrassment, an eighteen year old knocked up by some thug."

"You didn't even give him a chance when you met him. You judged him off of his looks because of the tattoos and shit, you're  such a disgusting person mom. What? Did you want me to marry a doctor like daddy or something like you did?"