thirty nine

Montana landed back in New York around six in the afternoon. He didn't respond to any of Kacey's call or text cause he really wasn't feeling her at the moment. He walked into the house as Kacey had been coming down the stairs. She stopped walking as she looked over at her husband.

"You can't pick up the phone or answer none of my messages?" She asks watching him take off his shoes by the door. Montana acted as if she wasn't there as he walked past the staircase. Kacey jogged down the rest of the steps as she trailed before Montana who was making his way downstairs. Kacey got ahead of him standing in front of him preventing him from walking.

"You got something you wanna say to me?" She folded her arms across her breast, looking at a frustrated Montana who stared ahead.

"Nah, you got something you wanna say to me." He finally looks at her. He was more irritated that she was trying to get apology out of him, but it wasn't happening.

"Absolutely not, if you're looking for what I think it is, you ain't getting it, I deserve that shit after you humiliating me."

"Ha." He chuckles, "Me humiliating you, that's wild funny."

"What happened?"

"Oh, you ready to talk to me like you got some sense now?" He frowns, "Well I ain't in no mood to talk to you, after that shit you pulled." He says going around her walking down the stairs to his studio. He heard her footsteps knowing she was right behind him. He placed his bags down by his couch and sat down. Kacey stood by the corner leaning on the wall.

"Aight, Montana, I apologize for putting my hands on you. But how can you just act all nonchalant about the situation. What you expect me to think, a threesome gone wrong, I'm thinking wow you cheat on me with these two bitches and then happen to get locked up."

"It's called communication, as a wife the first thing you could of done was asked what happened and let me explain myself."

"And as a husband, you should of never put me in that kinda predicament...again," She held a solemn expression, "You vowed to me."

"Nah, you vowed to me." He says causing her to sigh.

...

...

...

Silence.

"Montana, hello?" She waves her hand in his face, "Im ready to listen."

"Aight, " He looks up at Kacey who had her arms crossed, "After the show, me and my niggas headed back to the hotel. Jug and dem had met up with some shorties and invited them. I didn't care cause I wasn't gone do shit with them. We was just chilling and as always I was smoking a blunt. Them niggas left out with the girls but it was still three left in the hotel. Two of the girls happen to go into the bathroom, some other broad was chatting it up with Kapri. When I realized two of them wasn't there I asked Kapri where they were and he said they went to the bathroom. So I'm thinking they went together. I remembered I took off my rings, watch and chains and left them in there. I go into the bathroom and they trying on my shit."

"Damn, you can't knock." One of the girls with a Caramel skin tone said taking off his watch.

"I don't gotta knock,what y'all doing in here?"

"We was using the bathroom, chill out." The other girl with a darker complexion says.

"Y'all was using the bathroom together." He folded his arms across his chest raising an eyebrow.

"We wasn't even bout to steal, so you can calmly get the fuck out." The caramel toned girl says with an attitude.

"Who the fuck you talking to and I ain't say allat, why you say that?" He frowns as she looks at him stupidly.

"That conversation escalated, next thing I know they throwing bottles and shit at me. Both these bitches hitting me and shit. I ain't even touch them girls. I hear them yelling 'you going to jail' and all this other shit. I guess people heard the chaos and came and broke it up. Kapri and security from the hotel was walking me out the hotel and them chicks yelling and cursing. Next thing I know mufuckas' is slapping handcuffs on my wrist, and that was that."

"Niggas see two bitches who barely got clothes on and a nigga they automatically gone think a threesome." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Okay so that's it, you ain't do nothing with them, that's all that matters-"

"Of course that's what the fuck you worried bout," He frowns standing up, "You over here worried bout if I'm sticking my dick in other bitches when that's not even point of this shit. You ain't even ask if I'm okay or nothing."

"You didn't even let me finish what I was saying Montana!" She watches as he heads to the stairs.

"Shit don't even fuckin matter." He shakes his head jogging up the steps. But Kacey wasn't done speaking to him as she jogged after him upstairs. She found him in the kitchen where he was taking out a bottle of Hennessy.

"What are you doing?" She questions walking up to him as he twist the cap off the bottle.

"What it look like I'm doing, you stressing me the fuck."He takes the bottle to the head.

Kacey looks at him with a solemn expression, she was disappointed, not with him but herself. Robert was an alcoholic and Kacey didn't want her husband going down that path. She didn't wanna be the cause of his downfall.

"I'm making you drink?" She asks pointing at her chest leaning on the counter.

He didn't say anything as he made eye contact with her taking a sip from the henny. He takes it from his mouth saying, "Whatchu' think Kacey?"

He then walks around her taking the bottle with him. Kacey looks down closing her eyes as the tears well up in her eyes, before she knew it they were falling down her face freely. She kneeled down holding onto the counter top with her left hand as her shoulders hunched up and down. When her sobs started to get louder she covered her mouth with her hand.

"Kacey...why the fuck is you crying, cuz?" She hears Montana say as she tries to calm herself down. "Kacey," He walks over to her grabbing her arm gently pulling her up.

She covers her face with her hands.

Montana grabs her hands prying them from her face. She looks away from him and he grabs her chin lightly. "Why you always gotta make me feel like the bad guy?"

"I wanna go to counseling again, foreal this time," She sniffles wiping her red eyes, "I don't wanna give up on us and I feel like we getting back to where we were last year and I don't want that."

Montana nods, "Aight, bet counseling foreal this time."

. . .

Questions on today's chapter,

Kacey blaming herself for everything ?

Both of them agreeing on marriage counseling ?

Do you think the counseling will help better their marriage ?