forty seven

Montana stood on the other side of the door before he managed to knock a few times.

The door pulled opened and there stood his grandmother Joyce from his mothers side.

"Say it ain't so." She smiles pulling Montana into a tight hug, "Look at my grand baby." She smiles before slapping him upside his head. "Where you been at? I been asking to see my great grandbabies, I still haven't seen the little girl." She opens the door for him to come in.

"I know, I know maw. Ima bring them all down here soon. Where granddad?"

"To hell I know. I hope his ass fell in the pool again, because guess who ain't helping him out...me."

He chuckles, "You ain't gotta do grandpops like that."

"You still with that heifer?"She asked. He wasn't offended because his grandmother thought and called every young girl he dated anything that she thought suited them.

"She ain't no heifer, Ma." He chuckled, "And yeah almost four years strong."

"They'll always be heifers." She mumbled to herself.

"You seen Alyssa?"

"Of course I seen her. She staying here. She's down the hall, second door on your left."

"Thank you." He kissed her cheek before he walked back there.

Standing by the door he took a deep breath before he knocked on the door. He heard a come in and he walked inside the room.

Walking into the room, he first saw Mia and smiled. Mia saw her uncle snd turned around with a big smile on her face.

 Mia saw her uncle snd turned around with a big smile on her face

She than ran to him as he bent down to pick her up. He placed kisses all over her face as she giggled. He talked with Mia for a few before Alyssa took her to the living room with Joyce.

When Alyssa came back to the room he-closed the door behind her. He stood by the wall looking at his sister and she looked like she had been through it.

"Wassup."

"Hey." She replies tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Thanks for finally wanting to talk."

"Mhm, why'd you decide to come out here?"

"As if you cared." She chuckled while looking at the mug on his face. "To clear my mind and focus on everything but the negativity in my life.

Montana nodded shoving his hands in his pockets, "It took me some time but I actually sat down and thought for a while. I was pissed at you and him, but I could understand why what ever happened, happened."

"No you can't." She shook her head, she really thought Montana was just bullshitting and were listening to whatever Kacey or somebody must have told him.

"How you gone tell me?"

"Because I know you Montana, you're finally understanding the whole thing after what? Look when you first texted me, I was thinking of how I was gonna curse you out. But I thought against it. I just want you to listen to what I got to say."