thirty four

"Awe look at ha, she loves it

"Awe look at ha, she loves it." Alyssa smiles folding her arms across her chest as she looks at Mia who was enjoying her new doll house.
"You put it together well for someone who really doesn't know how to build things," She turns her head looking at him. "Thank you."

"Eh..it's alright."

"You niggas neva like to appreciate our thank you." She laughed.

"Nah It ain't like that." He chuckled. "What y'all finna get into now?"

"I'm gonna start on dinner."

"Oh shit, lil bit know how to cook. Since when? I still remember that time you almost burnt down the house tryna make sum damn eggs."

"Boy please don't even. I was like ten. And I know how to cook now. Mama taught me when I was fifteen, you hungry?"

"Nah, I'm cool-"

"Oh, so you say you like Alfredo. Great." She smiled, grabbing his arm pulling him into the kitchen with her. "Your gonna help me out."

"You asking or you telling me?"

"I'm telling you."

"Yeah aight I'll help you alright, I'll help you watch that mufucka cook." He says making Alyssa laugh. He wasn't even tryna be funny but his personality was naturally like that.

Alyssa started on dinner as Kapri sat on the counter paying attention to the video he was watching on the phone. Dinner was almost ready and every minute Mia would come in whining because she was hungry.

"Mama." Mia whined strolling into the kitchen with one of her Barbie dolls in her hand. Alyssa sighed as poured the Alfredo sauce into the pasta.

"Baby, I just said hold on." She looked at her daughter before stirring the pot. She was tryna hurry up because whenever Mia got cranky, she would then from a sweet little girl to the devil. Kapri hopped off the counter as he walked over to Mia picking her up, holding her securely in his arms.

"I just know you gone be one bad mufucka when you get bigger." He laughed.

"Stop cussing in front of her."