II/17

Kacey didn't even have to turn around to know exactly who was at the door. She could hear Kori's voice and she already decided she wasn't going to greet her. Kori was still salty about their last conversation together and Kacey wasn't going to keep kissing her ass. Every time she texted her she never got a response. It wasn't too long before Kacey noticed she had been blocked.

Cassandra walked back into the kitchen but there was no sight of Kori. "She went to go change so we can all be in matching pajamas." Kacey looked up from her phone cutting her eyes at Cassandra. She already knew what that meant. "Be nice." She told Kacey, walking over to the over to take out the burgers.

"I'm always nice." Kacey rolled her eyes before looking back at her phone. Cassandra didn't have to worried about Kacey because she wasn't going to speak to Kori at all. She didn't know why Cassandra invited Kori. It was obvious if she had told her about another guest she most likely wouldn't have shown up.

Cassandra called over Jace to get some of the burgers also. The burgers were just a now snack since Cassandra had some of the other food still being prepped. Kacey brought along baked Macaroni and cheese and cornbread.

Kori joined everyone in the kitchen shortly after. She made sure to keep her distance from Kacey. She was on the same timing as Kacey. No greeting. She was aware that Kacey was going to be there, but she only came because Cassie wanted her to be there.

Everyone ate the little burgers in silence all in their own worlds. Jace took a couple burgers that could fit in his hand and left out of the kitchen leaving the women. Cassandra looked between Kacey and Kori who were stuck in their own worlds.

Cassandra cut the thin air when she spoke up catching everyone's attention. "So how has everything been with you, Kori. You know it's been a while since we've all been together in a room." Kacey fought the urge to roll her eyes at the sound of Cassandra including her in the conversation.

"Everything hasn't been great but I'm taking it one day at a time." Kori said, glancing over at Kacey before finishing her sentence. "You know I had my abortion not too long ago and it honestly feels great knowing I'm not bringing a baby into this sick world considering my circumstances." Kori replied, taking a bite out of her burger, throwing shade at Kacey who sat on the other side of the island.

Her saying that kind of put Cassandra in a uncomfortable situation. She really didn't know how to respond. Of course she knew about the abortion but she didn't expect for Kori to say anything about it in-front of everyone so casually.

Cassandra cleared her throat. "Well yeah I know you're being going through a lot and I'm happy to know you're getting by day by day. I didn't want you to be alone for Christmas so I'm glad you joined us. Can't you say the same, Kacey?" She wasn't trying to be messy but she wanted the sisters to at least acknowledge each other. She wanted Kori to know that even with their differences Kacey still cared about her.

"I guess." Kacey shrugged her shoulders avoiding eye contact with the two as she ate her burger. "You almost done cooking the other food?" She looked up at Cassandra with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah just now." Cassandra looked between the two and noticed how hard Kori was staring at her sister.

"Not even after mentioning my abortion you still can't find a way to admit you were wrong about what you said."

Without looking at Kori, Kacey responded, "Well if you answered my texts and calls maybe this could've all been avoided. And what exactly was so wrong about what I said? The truth?"

"Telling me that I was pathetic all because I didn't want to have a baby and then sitting up in my face judging me. Who does that to someone?"

"Okay, Kori I get it." She dropped her phone on the counter to face Kori. "You wanted to have an abortion that's your decision. I get that now. But don't be mad at me because it took you this long to realize that you were never the one. I've never been the person to sugarcoat anything even if you are my sister. You were better off going to Cassandra if you wanted someone to make you feel better."